- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Shaw and Smith Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2015 75 cl
|Price:||£15.99 (£15.99 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- On the palate the wine has freshness, intensity and purity of true Sauvignon Blanc character
- Bone dry and unoaked to maximise freshness
- The vintage combines a grapefruit note with a hint of passion fruit
- Generally soil structures in the region are shallow, red/brown loam over schist and clay
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
The 2015 vintage combines a grapefruit note with a hint of passion fruit. On the palate the wine has freshness, intensity and purity of true Sauvignon Blanc character. Bone dry and unoaked to maximise freshness.
Grapes were sourced from selected sites throughout the Adelaide Hills with over 50% from Shaw and Smith’s own vineyards at Balhannah, Woodside and Lenswood. Generally soil structures in the region are shallow, red/brown loam over schist and clay. High density vine planting with an average of 2,700 vines per hectare, cane pruned and with vertical shoot positioned canopies.
2015 was a fine growing season, with some warm days balanced by consistently cool nights. It was a relatively dry season, and grapes ripened a touch earlier than usual, with the first Sauvignon Blanc harvested on the 21st of February and the last coming in on the 13th of March. The weather leading up to harvest was mostly dry, ensuring perfectly healthy fruit.
The hand-picked, whole bunches were destemmed, crushed, chilled, gently pressed then underwent fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats. The wine was matured on the lees for a short period and was bottled early under screwcap to retain crispness and eliminate cork taint. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2015; Grape varieties: 100% Sauvignon Blanc; Region: Adelaide Hills, Australia; Winemaker: Martin Shaw; Closure: Stelvin; Alcohol (ABV): 12.50%; Acidity: 6.5g/l; Residual Sugar: 2.6g/l; Wine pH: 3.25.