on 21 October 2006
I can only recommend this "single player" game. It is entertaining and it lasts for hours of fun during vacations etc. for my kids. I guess children should be 8-> years old. Check out the other tiling games from Thinkfun.
on 10 January 2008
I bought this for my children, expecting it would appeal to the eight year old. I was pleasantly surprised to find all ages enjoyed it. The older ones (up to 16) completed all the puzzles, and the four year old loved putting them together with the help of the image. All in all a great buy, many hours of quiet fun. Highly recommended for the type of child who enjoys puzzles and books.
on 8 April 2011
Fantastic product! Our 7 year old Son was not concentrating at school. He started seeing a Senco on a 1:1 basis twice a week. He found reading "boring" writing "boring" in fact most things, save the computer and his PSP ... BORING! We decided to ban the computer, it just stopped working one night..... The plug being switched OFF may have had something to do with it? Anyway, BEFORE I unplugged it I went on Amazon and found this game and some others, bought them and waited.... What a difference! He LOVES them, he takes them to school on a Wednesday and a Friday to "challenge" his Teacher, AND they're compact enough to take with us to restaurants to occupy him (and his older Brother & Sister!) The computer started working again BUT only at certain times... Electricity is a wonderful thing, especially when you can turn it OFF and get back to playing games! x
on 3 August 2010
I bought this pattern puzzle for my 11 year old son, he is very cleaver at maths and loves shape challenges, I was worried at first he would find it too easy but he has enjoyed the puzzle and found plenty of them challenging, he has done all the shapes already but is quite happy to start over again, it is harder than it looks to do and keeps him quiet for ages. Definatly worth the money and it also comes with a bag so he can take it anywhere with him.
on 7 March 2015
I bought this game for my 4 year old twin boys - both like the game and while they feel challenged, they can do well. I started by showing the keycards, the side that shows every piece, and helped them identify which pieces they needed to focus on. By the 3rd time child 1 played the game, he was able to make the judgement of which pieces to start with and then which to use to complete the game. He rotates the pieces in their hand and looks carefully at the answer card and manages to complete the whole game. At the end he feels a huge sense of achievement! His brother, child 2, can also complete the game but has felt very frustrated by the fact that the pieces keep moving, as they split so easily on the "dish". This is the reason I am not giving 5 stars, if the tray is not still on a table, of there is the slightest tilt on it, the pieces do not stay in their place and they slide down. The dish and the pieces need to either be non split material or they need to be magnetic, or perhaps they need to fit very tightly together, to avoid that they just keep slipping away from their places. THe game can be used with a higher level of difficulty, if the player does not look at the answer side of the card (which shows the place for every piece) and only looks at the front image of the card!
on 8 January 2011
When Dad isn't actively occupied, he needs almost constant attention.
Mum tells me that this game was a great present for him, and has given hours of enjoyment.
It keeps him absorbed for significant periods of time, rearranging the pieces into different designs of his own creation, outside of the box.
The puzzle cards are a second activity.
He likes looking through them, even though he doesn't try to copy the shapes.
It has been a helpful activity for Mum too, as it stops Dad from becoming restless, eg when waiting for food in a cafe, or when she needs to get things done at home.
She's even had a go at the puzzles herself!
on 31 December 2013
My Grandchildren were first introduced to the game this summer (2013) whilst visiting their cousins. It had been a firm favourite of theirs for a number of years. It was brought out to play with and, within minutes it became an absolute hit!!! With ages ranging from 3yrs to adults. Great fun was had by all !!!
Taking note, my Grandchildren ( aged 3 and 5 ) received one in their Christmas Stocking this year !!!
It is very well made and I'm confident it will provide many happy hours of ' puzzle time' for years to come.
on 2 April 2013
as a family we all enjoyed this taking turns and choosing different shapes to do at random. lovely way to spend a cold evening
on 6 May 2011
I bought this for myself for those lazy times, and was surprised when my 3yo showed interest. I let her play after a few brief sessions of help, and am amazed at how well she is able to solve it. No its not easy at all and we've not really gone more than 5 cards (LOL) and its quite challenging!!

The material is very good and now I'm looking to buy more related toys/puzzles from the same brand/seller. It has a lovely concealed compartment with many challenge cards (with answers at the back), and a neat bag to store the game.

Highly Recommended for anyone who wants to exercise their brains and of course to keep toddlers bz too!
on 26 September 2014
This is a nice little item.
Handy for travel,keeping kids amused and adult kids as well...ahem.
No intelligence required for opening it but brains required to complete the various levels.
My grand daughter of ...Not five Grandpa,five and a quarter, loves playing and completing the easier levels.
Certainly good for excercising the brain.
Recommend.