This is like no film you have ever seen.. throw away reality, forget about "midiclorians" And just watch it. It's pure comical genius! wrapped around the best use of CG imagination.
Remember some factoids before watching though...
1. Being chinese myself I need to tell you that Stephen Chow uses OTT expressions and gestures in most of his films which adds to the comedy effect.
2. The Karaoke scene is stupidly funny if you know that even in Chinese it does not ryme and is embarrassing to hear. This is why Stephen Chow and 1st brother are laughing for real.
3. The big boned monk's martial art is "sui seung piu" which when he used to be thin.. the art was "to walk on water"
4. "Ah Miu" the love interest. You are meant to believe that she has been to some womens Shoalin school or class..
5. The singing scene where Stephen meets Ah Miu... he starts singing, that used to be the chinese way or courting... very ancient, try it. Also used in Hakka opera... in this it's serious taking the wee wee.
6. The pain and violence in this is normal in oriental comedy.
7. There are also serious acting in this just to be even more ridculous!
8. Watch it uncut! Like milk in tea!!You must!
This is Stephen Chows best flim to date.. until I get to watch Kung Fu Hustle which has just finished in Asia.
Now watch this muvver and dance!
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions