on 9 January 2008
An enjoyable read that confirmed some of my preconceptions about what's good to do and what's not, and changed many others and hopefully habits (but let's not get ahead of ourselves!). It's very gentle in tone; for example, he doesn't say "this is completely bad for the environment", instead he says "this is not at all green!". Some of the advice I would question, for example hints at completely unproven stuff like mobiles killing bees, but I guess that's the whole point. There is no black and white on many environmental issues, nobody is completely in agreement. If you sit around splitting hairs about inconsistencies and hypocrisies then you go round in circles.

Are organic apples from overseas better than local but conventional ones? Wash up by hand of with an AAA rated washing machine. He has a good go at answering and lets us make up our own mind.

In summary, great book and highly recommended. My only minor criticism is that it left me wanting more in terms of detail and scope.
on 2 June 2013
Concerned about my impact on the planet i had purchased this book hoping it would give me some tips to help me to lessen my impact.

Sadly the book failed to teach me anything that someone with an ounce of common sense could work out for themselves.

It is in fairness well written, but it seems like the authors objective is to bash you around the head with his own green ideals rather than inform you in a matter of fact way.

Really quite disappointing.