Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£17.60

on 29 May 2015
Big fan of Corey Taylor, Slipknot and Stone Sour, but this book is just not interesting. I was expecting something as fun and interesting as the Motely Crue book with lots of stories of the crazy things that happened on tour etc. But it wasn't. It was just Corey ranting and moaning about the record industry and life in general. Such a shame. Still love the music though.
on 15 July 2011
This book is the pinnacle of one mans amendment of the theory of social life and acceptance. Speaking aloud of what a majority think with the testicles to back it up and more experience than a 70 Year old hooker in Vegas. He has set a milestone in terms of honesty, sincerity and devotion. To a man who appears to leave no stone unturned, I recommend this book not only as a pleasurable experience, but as a self-help bible. This is one to stay on the pedestal. Well done Corey, you supercilious genius !
on 18 December 2011
I was really looking forward to reading this, as I am a big fan of Slipknot and Stone Sour; however, this book by Corey Taylor is somewhat a disappointment to what the title indicates.
Corey seems to spend most of his time contradicting the whole point of a sin by explaining each one individually and how they 'relate' to his past life, then turns round and says, actually it's not a sin because we are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. So, the point of this book is...?
Secondly, his 'confessions' appear slightly censored and details are glossed over for the reader to try to fill in the blanks. My impression of autobiographical account is you unleash all, which is what I would expect from such an intelligent writer/ performer. With such a prolific status, Deadly Sins got me thinking of a no holds barred recount of his life, I found it rather tame.
I must not be completely pessimistic! Yes, it is very well written and it is without doubt the Corey is a very intelligent man, but I expected more. Maybe that was just my high expectations of him.
This book does give you an (slight) insight into his life; however, the majority is made up of what Corey thinks about the world around him and the people who fill it. I am sure many Slipknot and Stone Sour fans will find it an interesting, brilliant read. It is worth a read if you want to find out someone else's opinions about life, which is why I awarded it three stars.
Obviously, I was expecting something more, without contradictions... maybe that is my sin...?
on 2 July 2016
Corey's use of vocabulary is way over the top, it almost seems like had a thesaurus at hand whilst writing the book to make it seem more intellectual than it is. All in all a massive overuse of the english language than needs to be to get his point across. If it wasn't for this unfortunate choice when writing it actually had the potential to be a very interesting and intellectually challenging book. P.S. Corey - we know you are clearly a very intelligent creative, in future maybe just tone down the overtly extravagant use of the english vocabulary, sometimes less is more dude.
on 29 July 2011
As someone whom reads a hell of a lot of music books (biography & fiction) and being a Slipknot fan I was really looking forward to reading this. Boy was I disapointed! The first thing I noticed was how pretentious Corey comes across, almost screaming to the reader "look how intelligent I am"! which is a shame as anyone familiar with his musical output is aware that he's fairly switched on. Next, he just seems to be boasting about his sexual prowess! At this point (midway through chapter 3) I gave up trying to dredge through the ramblings of an egotistical, boastful, bitter rock star desperately trying to convince the poor reader that he is the most intelligent, coolest, funniest person in the world and ordered another book instead! Shame really, because he actually could be some of those things if he didn't try so damn hard to convince us of it!
on 2 January 2013
So it's definitely not an autobiography as such so If this is what you are expecting I would say to give this a miss. Corey does draw on a few experiences (some a little disturbing) to support his theories on the seven deadly sins and his views on life in general. I enjoyed reading this and have a new found respect for Corey as he is honestly a very intelligent man and has a wicked sense of humour too! I found myself chuckling out loud at times and quite shocked at others. All in all, I recommend.
on 18 May 2013
If you only know Corey from Slipknot or Stone Sour read this book and understand the man, his intellect and his understanding of the ridiculous methods used by religions to control their populace..... A MUST read for anyone that dares to challenge authority imposed by discredited religious organizations
on 1 October 2015
First book I've read of corey Taylor's, got some interesting stories in the book of his life, yet most of this book is about his opinions on stuff mainly on Christian beliefs.
I was hoping for more stories on his exciting life, but meh..pick this book up if you're an athiest or have a hatrid towards religion In general.
on 25 July 2013
Corey hits the nail on the head when he speaks about the so-called 'deadly sins'. With stories of his life experiences, he teaches you that to sin is to be human and you can't beat yourself up about these outdated 'laws'. His blend of humour and philosophy will keep you entertained until the very end! I loved it :)
on 20 July 2011
I don't often get time to sit and read a good book these days and if I did, I certainly wouldn't pick up an autobiography...

...but this, well this I had to make an exception for...

...and boy am I glad I did!

Corey tells it as he sees it and as he lived it....its not just autobiographical, but quirky, with a good bit of dark humour thrown in for good measure!

It's had me laughing my self silly but has also truely inspired me. while I might not have lived the life of a rock star, we all know and can relate to the seven so called deadly sins and whether you agree with his arguments for and against or not, this is still a magical read!

Weather your a Slipknot or Stone Sour fan or not much of a fan at all (my mum is currently reading it...she'd kill me if I told you how old she is, but I'm in my 30's so she's no spring chicken!) You'll still enjoy this ride...