The Servlet threads FAQ ebook explains how servlet containers handle concurrent servlet requests, the nature of service threads and servlet pools, and strategies for servlet thread safety.
What if you were One Percent Better with servlet threads?
* You weave servlet threads with confidence
* You discard the false security of the single thread model
* You break through servlet design deadlock
* You tune servlet containers to manage threads on your terms
What's inside the Servlet threads ebook?
* 11 core servlet thread questions and answers
* 11 extra servlet threads answers from other FAQs
The Servlet threads FAQ ebook helps you solve problems like these.
Servlet thread implementation
Are servlets multi-threaded?
The servlet thread environment can really mess up your variables, get a grip.
How does the container handle concurrent requests?
Make sense of container concurrency and end anxiety over multiple servlet requests.
* What is a service thread and how do I create one?
* Are you saying there is only one servlet instance for all requests?
* Are servlet requests handled first come, first served?
The single thread model
What is the single threaded model?
Doubts about servlet threads can tempt you towards the single thread model.
* Why use SingleThreadedModel if servlets are multi-threaded?
* How do I implement the single threaded model?
* Should I use the SingleThreadedModel?
* How can I invoke servlet pooling with SingleThreadedModel?
Servlet thread management
Can my servlet control the number of threads it accepts?
Resist the urge to limit the thread count in your servlet, there is a better way.
Extra Servlet threads questions
This ebook includes 11 extra servlet thread-related answers from 7 other Java FAQs.
* Is the Struts 1.x Action thread safe or not?
* Does JSP support multi-threading?
* How many objects exist when a JSP has concurrent requests?
* How does the JVM execute a servlet compared with a regular Java class?
* What is a working thread?
* If all methods are synchronized, is a class thread safe?
* Apache Log4J has thrown a ThreadDeath error!
* What is the volatile modifier for?
* How can I create database connections for all servlets?
* Should I get my database connection in the init() method?
* How many connections can be made to Tomcat on Windows?