- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: WROX Press Ltd (4 Mar. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1861008252
- ISBN-13: 978-1861008251
- Product Dimensions: 23.3 x 15.3 x 1.6 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,523,299 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Handbook Paperback – 4 Mar 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
From the Publisher
Stored procedures are compiled T-SQL statements that reside on the database, and are the cornerstone of successful data manipulation; data-handling operations of any complexity make use of them. This book is an in-depth guide to a key area of database development.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
That said, it does covers all the basics you need to get up-to-speed on stored procedures. It's also well written and easy to read, without too much technospeak (which is not always true of other similar titles). But like most Wrox books, its index is thin and barely usable. (When, oh when, will Wrox learn how to index a book?)
This is definitely not my favorite SQL Server sproc book, but for someone new to the subject, it still deserves the four stars I gave it.
It lacks the depth to completely cover stored procedures for a person that is learning.