Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 28 October 2013
Have you ever read a book you had to put down, because it affected you too much? Have you ever really felt the story touching something deep within you? Has a book ever made you cry, actually cry, I mean sobbing tears, and a band around your heart wrenching inner pain cry? This book had that effect on me. I had to wait a few days after finishing September Ends for the fifth time in two weeks because every time I thought about the book I cried and was at a loss for words. I still can't seem to find the right words to convey how good this book is. How real, how ... basal. It's more than fiction, poetry, or prose, or even literature. This book is us, it's you, it is your friend, your enemy. It is humanity shown through words.
Right, enough with the excitement. The cold hard facts? Plot, rock solid with well foreshadowed events, and a proper arc. Characters, fully fleshed out with an emotional growth that is utterly real. Scene setting, well researched and realistic. Dialogue, realistic with a natural flow. Sentence structure, very fitted to the part of the book it is used.
There were a few typos, and by a few I mean I found two, but only during the last reading my eyes spotted those.
So there you have it. This is a book that either turns me into a sobbing, highly emotional blob of a woman, or a removed, analytic, fact scooper. Would I recommend it? Shoot! Yes!I would even say like Venice it's something you must have `seen' before you die.

(I did not receive any compensation for this review)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 October 2013
I really enjoyed this story which documents the relationships of Liz Snow, who felt lost and adrift since she and her brother were in a car crash in which he died. She entered a brief unsuccessful marriage then, while concentrating on her career, became involved with Pete who shared her love of poetry. She eventually met and married Jack, the poet whose blog they both followed. The story is told from different points of view and in the form of emails, letters, diary entries and narrative. There is a fairly racy section in the first half of the book in which Liz and Pete share their fantasies in a private chatroom, and later in the flesh. Nevertheless, I wouldn't class this as Erotica, nor would I say it's Romance. It charts the evolution of a number of interwoven relationships and it's fascinating.

The whole story is beautifully told and the poet Jack is brought to life by means of his poems. We are brought up against personal loss and the characters' reactions to those experiences. I was especially impressed that Jack's poems are different in style from Pete's although written by the same (anonymous) member of the authorship collaboration. I'd love to see more from this pair. It's a seamless collaboration and there's scope for more.
on 30 May 2014
Liz Snow believed she had found true love in Peter Hendrix. It was their love of poets and their poetry that brought them together in an internet chat room. They both adored the work of Shelly, Keats and a modern English poet called Jack O Savage. It was the works of Jack O Savage that bonded these two lovers together. He seemed to be speaking directly to them both. But when Liz learns that Peter has betrayed her, she decides she wants nothing more to do with him and moves from America to London. But London can be an incredibly lonely place and she feels miserable and totally cut off from the world. When she discovers that Jack O Savage will be giving a reading in London, she decides to go to see the man who she believes was responsible for messing up her life.

This well written story is told through the words of Liz Snow. She pours out her emotions every day through her diary giving the reader a chance to get to know and understand the feelings of this character. There are a few erotic moments in the story, but it does nothing to take away the full impact of this wonderful romance. A very enjoyable read.
on 19 December 2013
A stunningly poetic and beautiful story. Exceptionally well written.
I'm not usually patient with books that contain emails or messages, but the parts of this book that do are written properly, so it's like reading script and didn't put me off at all.
The main character Liz was not to my liking. I believe the author meant it to be this way, as all the other characters were very likeable. It could have been a clash of personality between myself and Liz, and other readers may not feel the same. I thought she craved sympathy, yet I could not empathise with the woman at all. Although I sound negative about Liz, there was something intriguing about her and the irritation I felt towards her meant I couldn't turn my back on her and she kept me reading. Not once did I drift off or get bored.
I'm not sure of the genre, but this story would make a very plausible biographical work if it wasn't for the candles. I wondered at the beginning if it was biographical - it is so real.
The storyline is brilliant and the splashes of poetry are a clever touch.
Very enjoyable and flawless.
on 29 October 2013
This is a wonderful collaboration of two very talented authors who compliment one another other very well. This book will appeal to many romance readers who appreciate a good love and life story, which is on a different level to many other romance novels out there and unique, at least from the books I've read, in terms of its presentation of the prose. The formatting is excellent, given the email-style writing which displayed perfectly on my Kindle. Some of the passages are very erotic, but some of the prose so beautifully written I found myself often rereading it. There should certainly be more writing from this pair and I eagerly look forward to it!
on 26 July 2014
September Ends is one of the most original book I've ever read.
I found the writing style - a melting pot of emails, poetry and diary logs - absolutely brilliant. I've never read anything like that before and it made the story development even more intriguing for me. As an author myself I have to pay credits to Mrs Jones.

The plot itself is great as well. I sympathised with the poor Liz, who got depressed after a family trauma she suffered. Love always sorts everything, and Liz will find the way to cured her wounds somehow.
The places where the story is set are lovely and well pictured. I live in London and I found the descriptions very accurate.

If there were more stars than 5, I would probably rate September Ends with 6 stars.
on 6 May 2014
This book is original. The writing is unique, the concept is creative and the story twists and weaves, leaving you with a heart warming yet heart breaking finish. The poems are part of the story. The fact that Hunter S. Jones features a poet as the knight-in-shining-armor, instead of a rock star or a billionaire shows her creative abilities.
on 14 March 2014
A clever mix of two stories which dovetail together well. The Rock `n' Roll Poet - or rather the poet with the rock `n' roll lifestyle - Jack O. Savage, who seems to me to be the hybrid child of Charles Bukowski and Ian Anderson, the flute playing lead singer from Jethro Tull, who temporarily gave up the rock `n' roll lifestyle to become a salmon farmer, and the chat room romance which begins innocently enough and cultivates into full blown erotica.

I'm no spoiler, so you'll have to buy the book to find out what happens next.
on 4 October 2013
A work of art
Once I started reading 'September Ends' I couldn't stop. I had to know what would come next. This book is a love story, a life story and yet a work of art. It's a new literary art form that will take your breath away.
The communications (written, emailed, chat room) between the characters are so real. The poetry deep and complex, and yet so understandable, suits the story so well. The passionate love scenes will make you tingle. The story full of hope, and yet threaded with poignancy makes you ache for more once it's ended.
This book is a delicious sensory ride. Unusual, real, and unexpected. Must have five stars.
on 30 April 2014
September Ends

This book is original. I have never read anything quite like it. The author incorporates diary entries, dreams, guardian spirits, emails -- even poetry, to convey the story. Liz Snow is a small town Southern girl who is handed a lot of tough lessons early in life. Once she meets handsome Pete Hendrix she believes she has found the love of a lifetime. The two bond over a mutual admiration of the poems of hipster Englishman, Jack O. Savage, The Poet.

“This voice is all you’ll ever have
Beyond your self-made dream of bliss,
In which I match your beauty full
To feel your love as you feel mine,
I am… O I so am! Sir! Real!”

Only problem: Pete forgets to tell Liz he's married. The result of his deception causes Liz to run to London where she meets and falls deeply in love with The Poet. Jack, reeling from the mental instability and suicide of his previous lover, Indie, falls equally in love with his Lady from Atlanta.They share a love of a lifetime, living in the English countryside and eventually having one Daughter, Zelda Scarlett October Rose Cowboy Boots Savage.

Have your tissues ready for a heart breaking ending, yet an ending that will renew your hope in the power of love. September Ends is an imaginative and unique story. Read it! You'll love it.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange
for a fair and unbiased review.