Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black
|Price:||£79.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£70.99 (47%)|
- Extended frequency response for accurate, reliable sound reproduction
- Closed around-the-ear design for excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise (up to 32dB)
- Replaceable single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5mm jack connector and screw type adapter to ¼”
- Exceptional comfort for extended listening; collapses for storage
- Carrying case included for engineers on the go
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Dimensions||22.6 cm x 17.5 cm x 9.9 cm||20.3 cm x 17.8 cm x 10.2 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
HD 380 pro, a new professional monitoring headphone. The HD 380 pro provides an extended frequency response with increased sound pressure level (up to 110dB) for accurate sound reproduction in all kinds of demanding use. Adding on, its closed circumaural design provides excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise, hence making it ideal for monitoring purposes. Not only that, the lightweight and secure-fit design offers a very comfortable listening experience to the sound professional who has to wear them over long durations.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I currently have 5 pairs that I use very frequently but the newest ones are the ones you want to know about.
I had been using a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro [64 Ohm] and I was very happy with them and then early this year I heard about the "upgrade" to these, the HD 380 Pro and being a bit of a sound nerd I had to have some.
Was it worth it? Well, yes it was!
They are slightly lighter, they fold better and come with their own case, they have a curly lead rather than the straight one for the 280s and they are even more comfortable for long time listening!
But what you really want to know about is the sound quality - they are better in all respects . . . the sound is great!
The bass is tight with a crisp attack but it does go quite deep and sounds really good.
The midrange is musical, well controlled with a good soundstage - the instruments are well placed.
The treble is tight, high without being shrill and hangs onto the top notes say of cymbals without becoming papery and thin.
The sound altogether is musical, well controlled and not coloured - if you want deep booming bass and greatly coloured sound then these are not for you.
All told, these for me are superb headphones and I am delighted to have made their acquaintance.
Oh yes . . . and I also use them with my iPod and that sounds even better too . . .
I give them 5 stars for sound and 5 stars for comfort.
Having read the many reviews on various headphones between £25 & £100 (and been thoroughly confused), I kept comping back to these, at the top end of my budget. These seemed to have a good number of positive reviews, seemed to have a sturdy wire/lead and had the benefit of being foldable.
Having owned the headphones for a few months now, I can confirm that they are more or less what I was looking for. The sound quality is (for me at least) perfect. Great balanced range of sound, from the base through to the high end. The wire/lead is definitely sturdy to the point of being too heavy. It is a coiled lead which I prefer, as it saves having several meters of loose cable flowing around getting trapped in things.
You can quite easily stick your phone in your pocket and tuck a small look of cable into your pocket to take the weight off your headphones. As stated in other reviews, the lead is replaceable should the unthinkable happen. It sounds strange, but the headphones fit nice & close to your head all over. You don't have a large weird looking loop sitting several inches above your head that some of the other brands seem to give.
The headphones hold onto your head firmly, securely and are remarkably comfortable during extended use. I was surprised by the level of external noise penetration considering they are a full enclosed design. During quieter moments between tracks and during quiet music, I can hear quite clearly the TV in the background etc.Read more ›
- Brilliant sound reproduction suitable for all types of music.
- Lovely frequency response all across the range; detailed (but not harsh) high end, lovely warm mid and very good bass on the low end.
- Easy drive, these can sound great with portable devices as well as proper hi-fi equipment and computer sound cards.
- Excellent build quality. Construction is good, cable is a long length and a good thickness.
- Folds up easily for convenient transport.
- Comes with a handy travelling case and 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter.
- Not the most comfortable phone i've ever had. They clamp pretty tight on the head which can get uncomfortable after about an hour. Also with it being so tight your ears warm up fast if the room your in is not cool.
- Not the best looking phone when worn, the headband is a strange shape.
- Considering they are pro headphones there is noticeable coloring to the sound. When i listen to this and compare them with my hi-fi speakers and Grado phones there is a massive difference in sound. However you do get used to this very quickly
- Although wire is good length it is coiled! This is a pain as it looks bad, weighs a lot and puts stress on the headphone jack when you sit far away from the source.
Overall i love these headphones. As musical equipment they are great with a wide frequency response and suitable to all types of music, but aesthetically then are not as good as others i've had by Sennheiser in the past. They can get uncomfortable after a relatively short time which is a shame as the sound they produce is un-fatiguing and down-right nice. Sennheiser could've done with working on the design too as they look pretty weird to wear!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very disappointed...sent them straight back. Looked cheap, felt cheap & at £77 still way to pricey for the cheap sound quality. Read morePublished 2 days ago by stephen b clark
solid costruction,very loud and very good at noise canceling but if your amateur dj spend the extra pounds and buy the the good old trusty hd25's for more comfort.Published 5 days ago by jimpster60
pros: arrived before the date, packaging was very good, quality is as stated in the description. no complaints so far. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Mr Eko
Sound is quite good for my unprofessional ears.
I had to purchase DAC to fully enjoy the sound, as my laptop soundcard was quite bad for music listening. Read more
Great sound and great noise insulation from outside sources, BUT.....
Well the 'but' is that the cable (coiled like an old fashioned telephone one) is heavy and noisy. Noisy? Read more
Fantastic headphones I would recommend to anyone wanting to hear their music in more detail & clarity, or someone who watches a lot of movies & want to hear everything. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Danny Edwards