Superior quality and sound
RS 220 Digital Wireless Headphone System
The RS 220 delivers an uncompressed high-fidelity sound performance equivalent to audiophile wired headphones. Comprising of a pair of open, ‘around-the-ear’ wireless headphones and a sleekly-designed transmitter, this headphone system allows you the freedom to listen to your music or TV at home, without the restrictions of a cable.
The 2.4 GHz wireless link between the transmitter and headphone allows for an interference-free and uncompressed transmission over distances of up to 100 metres (line-of-sight). With rechargeable, integrated batteries, you can enjoy up to eight hours of audiophile listening on a single charge. The plug-and-play nature of the RS 220 allows for fast and simple connections to either analogue or digital cable inputs.
The headphone itself comes in a modern, ergonomic design, offering a luxurious and secure fit. In addition, you can simultaneously connect four pairs of headphones to the same transmitter if you wish to listen with other companions. The transmitter also functions as an ‘easy-charge’ cradle and dock.
Relax - no wires to trip over
Sit back and enjoy superb clarity of sound
- Uncompressed musical enjoyment
- Total freedom of sound, stylish design and maximum comfort
- ‘Open’ acoustical design for maximum performance
- No set-up required, just plug and play
Learn more about the RS 220
The RS 220s easily meet the challenge of delivering audiophile sound in a wireless format. After a full day’s wireless operation the headphones can be recharged by simply placing back on the cradle.
- High-end digital wireless headphone system - for uncompressed stereo sound and freedom from cumbersome cables
- The overall sound is clear, detailed and of neutral character - but also with a lively element and superb low and high extensions
- Open, ‘around-the-ear’ design - for a natural listening experience and maximum comfort (keeping your ears cool)
- Handles multiple inputs - at the back of its transmitter base are connections for - stereo phono, optical and coaxial. LEDs on the front show you which is connected. It’s easy to integrate into an existing set-up
- All functions including source, volume, left and right balance and on/off can be controlled from the headphone
- Range up to 30 m indoors and 100 m (line of sight) outdoors from the sound source
- Ergonomic, adjustable headband - for an excellent secure fit
- Multi-purpose transmitter – it functions both as 'easy-charge' cradle and as a docking station
- Extremely comfortable and luxurious velour ear pads
- Up to four people can listen simultaneously with optional headphones and a single transmitter
- Rechargeable, (2 x AAA batteries included) – 16 hours to fully charge, with 6–8 hours of listening time
Did you know?
The transmitter’s front has touch sensitive controls that turn the set on and off and switch the input.
There’s one analogue and two digital inputs built into the transmitter, allowing you to connect three audio sources and switch between them, and LEDs show you clearly which is connected. Each type of connection offers both an input and output, letting the transmitter function as a pass-through for when you'd rather use a traditional amplifier and speaker system (so you don’t have to disconnect the cables or change your set up).
The RS 220 also has a very smart approach to battery charging. A rechargeable AAA battery slots into a hidden cavity at the top of each ear cup, and they start charging as soon as you put the headphones back on the transmitter. Small metal contact panels on each side of the headband match up with corresponding panels on the transmitter to charge them whilst keeping them stored out of the way and ready for use.
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
... those who wish to listen in quiet environments where there are no issues with sound leakage or external noise. Perfect for late-night movie watching or cranking up those old CDs! Ideal for headphone users who are looking for a pair of wireless headphones offering audio quality on-par with audiophile wired headphones.
For home use only. Universal connections – one analogue input and output, 1 x digital coaxial input and output, 1 x optical input and output.