HD 700 Reference Class Wired Headphones
In Sennheiser’s constant quest for perfect audio reproduction, the HD 700s incorporate a truly unique and innovative special transducer technology resulting in a remarkable and outstanding soundstage. This is possible because the patented transducer has a ventilated magnet with holes on its rear. Air can escape through these holes avoiding and minimising any air turbulence within the system. Adding the ventilated magnet system to the open ear cup design, together with the use of angled acoustic baffles, ensures the HD 700 produces an exciting combination of transparent, warm and balanced sound.
Matching their reference-grade performance, the HD 700s have a stunning ‘industrial design’ complemented by the use of aerospace materials. The transducers of the HD 700 are also totally exposed taking the term ‘open headphone’ to a new level. Furthermore you will also see an innovative and highly aesthetic dual-material yoke or crosspiece attached to the headband –where the front of the yoke is made of zinc for enhanced stability. For the perfect connection to your amplifier the HD 700 utilise a detachable and symmetrical, four-wire, silver-plated, oxygen-free copper (OFC) cable.
- Appealing warm and balanced tone
- Striking contemporary industrial design
- Superb build quality for long lifespan
- Completely versatile for all types of music
Learn more about the HD 700
Despite their large appearance, the silicone-coated headband and ‘around-the-ear’ ear cups (padded with soft velour) ensure your head and ears are cushioned in comfort. The HD 700s are incredibly lightweight owing to the use of aerospace materials within the construction.
- Open, ‘around-the-ear’ dynamic stereo headphones - for a wide-open and crystal clear soundstage
- Specially-tuned, highly efficient drivers - capable of delivering high sound pressure levels and a flat frequency response
- Highly efficient ventilated magnet system - minimizes air turbulence and harmonic distortion that could affect the sound quality
- Angled acoustic baffle - for optimal sound projection and natural sound experience (mimicking the positioning of a set of reference monitor speakers)
- Innovative and highly aesthetic dual-material yoke attached to the headband - for better stability
- Ultra comfortable with luxurious velour ear pads
- Very low distortion - achieved by high quality and extremely stable internal damping element
- Symmetrical and detachable silver-plated oxygen-free four-wire copper cable - for optimum conductivity at higher frequencies
Did you know?
The cable is of excellent quality and is removable for replacement or upgrade. A small indent in the rubber shielding helps to aid insertion. The cable has a braided design, giving it a high-quality feel and preventing everyday ‘wear and tear’.
Superb balance and a smooth run from low bass to the top of the frequency spectrum offer you a simply wonderful sound that makes them ideal if you like to listen to music all-day long without feeling strained or tired.
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
...music lovers who listen to their favorite music in quiet environments where there are no issues with sound leakage.
The HD 700s are not intended for casual listening on an iPod. They are aimed at reproducing high-fidelity audio from a top-quality source. The best way to enjoy music with headphones of this class is to use lossless audio played through a good headphone amplifier and digital audio converter (DAC).
Intended for home use. Aimed at the home audio enthusiast and above, the cable ends in a 6.3mm jack.
| || |
|Ear Pad Material ||Velour ||Velour ||Microfibre |
|Frequency Response ||12 Hz - 39,000 Hz ||12 Hz - 39,500 Hz ||10 Hz – 42,000 Hz |
|Max SPL (dB, 1 kHz, 1V) ||97 dB ||102 dB ||105 dB |
|Wearing Style ||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear ||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear ||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear |
|Impedance (Ohms) ||300 Ohms ||300 Ohms ||150 Ohms |
|Cable Length/Orientation ||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug ||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug ||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug |
|Angled Transducers ||No ||No ||Yes |
|Total Harmonic Distortion ||0.1% ||<0.1% ||<0.03% |
|Weight (Grams, No Cable) ||260 g ||260 g ||270 g |
|Unique Feature 1 ||Steel Blue Speckled Finish ||Specially Tuned Voice Coils Reproduce Liquid Smooth Audio Across the Entire Frequency Spectrum ||Exclusive Magnet Ventilation System Directs Airflow, Preventing Unwanted Transducer Movement |
|Unique Feature 2 ||Very Close To Neutral, Superb Mid-Range ||Computer Matched Transducers Are Assembled in Ireland for Impeccable Quality Control ||Angled Transducers Simulate A High-End Speaker Array’s Soundstage |