Sennheiser MM500-X Stereo Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset Featuring the Apt-X Codec (discontinued by manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Connect in CD quality to Bluetooth apt-X enabled devices, such as selected Apple, Creative, Samsung products, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD devices
- Fold flat into small case for easy storage and transport
- Invisible microphone – with high-performance sound quality for clear conversations
- Comfortable around-ear design with easy headset controls – in one intuitive cluster
- Direct cable option – for use on airplanes, also includes aircraft adaptor, case, wall and USB chargers
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MM 500-X Bluetooth Wireless Headset
The MM 500-X offers a pure and detailed sound quality but without the hassle of cables and the cable controls associated with a standard headset. With an ultra-comfortable around-the-ear design, you can both relax and enjoy a top quality wireless music experience and quickly switch between music and calls at just the touch of a button. What’s more while delivering fantastic sound with any Bluetooth audio device, it also features the CD quality apt-X codec to deliver CD quality audio with any apt-X audio devices.
- Simple to pair with any Bluetooth-enabled device
- Padded, around-the-ear cushions for excellent soft fit
- Easy management of tracks and calls with on-ear controls
- Built-in microphone for smartphone users
Learn more about the MM 500 X
The MM 500-X was designed as a larger full-size headset for those who prefer the superior comfort and noise isolating benefits of the around the ear design. You can now experience great quality sound without having the inconvenience of becoming tangled up with your rucksack or when you need to answer your phone. The ear cups are sealed to block out distracting noise and prevent noise leaking out to interrupt others.
- Sennheiser sound quality – hi-fi headphone drivers ensure superior dynamic range, detail and excellent bass
- CD quality audio – featuring the apt-X codec, the headsets can connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth apt- enabled devices
- Noise-cancelling clarity – NoiseGard reduces outside noise actively and lets users enjoy music in peace
- TalkThrough – one press of a button turns on the external microphone so you can hold a conversation without removing the headset
- Wireless freedom – Bluetooth 2.1 guarantees hands-free convenience without wires and the advanced A2DP profile delivers optimised hi-fi stereo sound for standard Bluetooth audio devices
- Blocks outside noise – due to closed around-the-ear headphone design, no sound leakage
- Invisible high-performance microphone – for clear voice transmission
- Option of connecting a cable – for going wired when you are on a plane or when the 10-hour battery runs out; an airline adapter is included
- Easy headset controls – in one intuitive cluster. Simple call and music control – an in-line remote makes it easy to manage phone calls, to easily play/pause music* and change track* and to change the volume level
- Wearing comfort – padded ear-cushions provide an excellent soft fit, even on long trips
- Folds into a compact bundle for travel and storage - while the headband is metal-reinforced for durability
- Flexible – replace the battery with a spare on long trips – or recharge it via the USB port on your laptop or the supplied lightweight wall charger with different plug fittings for Europe, the USA, the UK and Australia
- Connect everywhere – to mobiles, laptops, MP3 players, or in-flight entertainment systems with an all-in-one headset solution
* Functions are phone and computer dependent
Did you know?
If you hold down the Bluetooth button when connected to an iPhone it activates the Voice Control so you can even select your tracks by name!
This is Sennheiser’s third generation of Bluetooth headsets and takes advantage of all the latest developments available in wireless technology.
The rechargeable battery is removable and should last for two years on average, depending on usage. It is called the BA 370 PX and is easily available. To fully charge the battery via USB or mains will take about 3 hours. You can then listen to music for a full 10 hours or talk for 20 before having to re-charge!
To hear the full audio potential from your computer or audio device with a USB socket, Sennheiser recommends using the BTD 500 USB (a USB dongle accessory), to ensure the source is apt-X enabled
Sennheiser recommends this headset for...
... owners of the latest Bluetooth apt-X-enabled phones and laptops, such as more recent MacBooks, selected HTC or Samsung Galaxy music products, who would like to take advantage of their full audio capability. Also perfect for those wanting a high sound and build quality in a more convenient format.
The MM 500-X offers excellent compatibility with all Bluetooth apt-X-enabled mobile smartphone brands and computers.
Meet the Range
MM 450-X TRAVEL
MM 550-X TRAVEL
|Wearing Style||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear‘||Closed Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’|
|Supported Profiles||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X|
|Noise-Cancelling||No||No||Yes||Yes + Surround Sound Function|
|Weight||105 g||179 g||105 g||179 g|
|Charging/Listening/Talk Time||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||As MM400-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours||As MM 500-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours|
|Frequency Response (Headphones)||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz|
|SPL||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB|
|Range||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m|
MM 500-X Bluetooth® headset
USB wall charger for US, EU, UK and AU
USB charging cable
In-flight adapters (3.5mm double mono jack)
6.3 mm gold adapter plug
Quick set-up guide
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Comfort : 8/10 - Fit over my ears fine. Good amount of grip and ear cups are soft. Have used for continuous two hours without discomfort.
Wireless : 9/10 - Pairs well. Occasionally there can be a split second of interference. Not sure if this is down to the headphones or my device. It is rare but has happened several times, much like a cd skipping. Otherwise excellent.
Sound : Excellent. I think they sound great. I listen largely to indie with guitars drums and vocals but I have a wide range and they cope with everything. I also use an apt-x device. Loud enough as well. Can only imagine anyone that disagrees is half deaf or didn't turn up the volume on the ear cup itself as there is built in volume control.
Battery : 7/10 - 10 hours sounded impressive. I probably get 7 to 8 hours listening at about 75-80% volume. Most annoying thing is the battery warning noise! Handy you get a 10 minute warning, but then it continues to go off every minute which is frustrating and unnecessary. Charging is easy and quick.
Overall I think these are an excellent choice. I love being wireless and the faults I have picked are very minor. Bit of tweeking with an equaliser from your app store is worth doing as well.
However as a commuter and avid gym-er I've been looking for a wireless option to avoid the encumbering headache that comes with wires. So upon extensive research I was directed to these pair of wireless phones and took the plunge.
[Build] - Quite impressed here. Looks are of course subjective but to me they look rather neat, they're very sturdy and they fold quite compactly making them an excellent portable option. No complaints here
[Comfort] - I was a bit apprehensive about going for 'around-hear' phones, but these very comfortably encompass my ears and don't feel fatiguing after extensive use. Bear in mind though my ears are on the small-medium side and they just about fit. If your ears are a bit on the larger side then it might be more of a snug fit.
[Connectivity] - Easy to connect, stays within promised range, no complaints.
[Sound] - This is where it disappoints me. Now I appreciate that with Bluetooth headphones there comes a compromise in sound quality, but at £170 I expected that compromise to be less dramatic. The highs and mids are decent, but the bass is practically non-existent. Now again sonic preferences are also subjective, but if you're a bit of a basshead these headphones will sound quite underwhelming, and no I'm not suggesting it should aspire to Beats level of ridiculous, muddy-sounding bass, but it wouldn't have hurt to pack a little more punch. The biggest drawback however is the volume - its far too low!Read more ›
+ truly beautiful sound quality - the Senn pedigree really shows
+ you hear parts of music that you never knew was there
+ well-placed intuitive controls
+ loads of accessories and a decent case (that's rare)
+ well-made, like all Senn kit
+ they grip well and cover your ears (but see below)
+ bluetooth is unquestionably the best of all cans I tried - callers said "I can hear you loud and clear"
- the accessory cables are cheap and tangle-capable; shame at this price
- other cans have higher quality build (Jabra Revo, Philips Fidelio, Logitech UE9000, Sony MDR10BT)
- I consistently wanted another 10% "umph" in bass and volume
- after 20-30 mins the tight grip became so uncomfortable that I had to take them off (this was the ultimate deal-breaker).
I did in part overcome the 10% lacking umph by playing around with EQ settings - with preamp and bass settings set to max, most tracks were okay. However, not all and add to that the lack of comfort for extended listening and I had to send them back; replaced with the Logitech UE9000 and the Creative Evo ZxR, both of which were clearly better than the Senns for audio quality (a big shock and an indication of how good those two pairs are). On that last point, the sound quality of the UE9000s is so SO good, that all other sets were dismissed and returned.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
for the money i was paying i was very disapointed with the volume of these headphones. i have since returned them and got a refundPublished 11 months ago by nickolaj LDN
Very disappointed in these headphone.
Had them for 8 months now. Quality of the audio is good, however as others have mentioned it quite flat for the money you are... Read more
the only two problems, the headphone is using 2.5mm port, and it does come with voice isolation function.Published 15 months ago by the new criteria
Nice headphones, nice price. A bit fiddly charging the battery. Fidelity wise very good and an improvement on my last sennheiser phones. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Pelican
for the price u pay u not getting alot features u should be getting more for your money..Published 17 months ago by Champion Sound Int
These are brilliant, good clear sound and robust for teenages to use. Would highly recommend and much better than cheaper versions.Published 18 months ago by Gilly