- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Vermilion; New Ed edition (29 Mar. 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0749305797
- ISBN-13: 978-0749305796
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 1.6 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (44 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,920 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
How to Develop Self-confidence and Influence People by Public Speaking (Personal Development) Paperback – 29 Mar 1990
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
With this essential guide to public speaking, you can develop the ability to think calmly and clearly while talking to a group of people, and even learn to enjoy it.
From the Publisher
The essential guide to developing the ability to think calmly and clearly while talking to a group of people.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book has been around since the 1920's and is STILL the classic book on public speaking. It covers topics such as developing self-confidence, how to prepare for a speech or presentation, how to interest your audience, how to open and close a talk and how to develop stage presence.
Very useful book! So easy to read and a great follow up to 'how to win friends and influence people'. Many criticise Carnegie's writing style and say he could just publish a list of do's and dont's. I believe that lists are ok but do not allow a deeper understanding of the message! The examples Carnegie uses are timeless and you can mirror the efforts in everyday conversations, meetings and e-mail not only in public speach making. Would recommend to anybody!
I didn't even realise it happening, but after reading this book I more or less lost my fear of public speaking. Definitely recommend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book, helped me a lot. Typical Carnegie even if it isn't 100% himPublished 1 day ago by Michael Sorbie
Very interesting book. Good reading Delivery was quicker than estimated.Published 2 months ago by Michelle Hartnett
An informative, well written book - I struggled with the American examples, but the basics remain useful wherever you live. A good book to give you the platform to build on.Published 6 months ago by Curly Sue
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences