- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Angel Books; Reprint. edition (1 Jan. 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0946162492
- ISBN-13: 978-0946162499
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 14 x 1.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,077,259 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Selected Short Fiction (Angel Classics) Paperback – 1 Jan 1990
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This collection of short stories is a fine example of his talent with concise and questioning fiction such as the one page 'The Green Cravat' and the searching, anti military 'Lieutenant Gustl' There is the beauty and just below the surface sexuality of 'The Grecian Dancer' 'Dead Men Tell No Lies' and the later, feminist work 'Fraulein Else'
The writer was vilified in his time as a dangerous pornographer yet his influence has been immense, first on the mainland of Europe and later in Britain and America. A century on and he is being re-evaluated and considered as one of the great founders of modernist values who changed the face of artistic expression.