on 2 April 2010
This item is just the job for a crossword fan like myself. As soon as I unpacked it I put it to use, it's small enough to fit in my pocket yet big enough for my big fingers to use with ease, An excellent product. Also congrats to Amazon the item was delivered 2 days before the expected date.
0Comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2010
This is a brilliant little gadget. Great for crosswords, anagrams, games, calculator, spellchecker and much more. It also gives hyphenated words and two word meanings (great for crosswords). I prefer this to my old Franklin, which used the Collins dictionary. This is much faster yet has a lot more information. It is not complicated to use - and I am not into electronics. Has a good clear screen, nice touch buttons and a good sturdy little case. Great for your handbag or pocket. Would definitely recommend this to a friend. Amazon was cheaper than E-bay and delivered quicker than their estimated delivery date.
0Comment103 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2010
Excellent in helping me with the cryptic crossword which I do on a daily basis. It is just the right size for my handbag which is great as I often do the crossword whilst out and about.
0Comment38 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2010
I HAD PREVIOUSLY OWNED ONE OF THESE PRODUCTS BUT IT WORE OUT AFTER A FEW YEARS. THIS NEW ONE IS BETTER AS IT HAS A LARGER SCREEN AND IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE PREVIOUS MODEL.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2011
I gave my Franklin Crossword Solver to my sister-in-law. Not the kindest act, because it was crappy. After many, many years of use, my previous Seiko Oxford English Spellchecker with built in solver wore out. The new Seiko Oxford Crossword Solver is superb! It combines crossword solving, a thesaurus that is easier to use and more comprehensive than the previous Oxford Concise Thesaurus, plus a fast anagram solver. The display is sharp and large. This has to be the best crossword solver available for features, price and portability. I can't fault it.
on 22 July 2010
Item delivered expeditiously, well within the time parameters stated by supplier. Product was precisely as descibed on their site. Price was exceedingly advantageous. What more can I say?
on 22 April 2011
Excellant piece of equipment.
Best one I have bought.
Has a wide variety of options.
My last one lived for 15yrs.
this one is far better.
It will be a good companion.
on 12 February 2010
I am addicted to these little machines, I have at least 6 of them. This is the best yet and the only one I use now. It is very fast and comprehensive enough for a cruciverbalist like me. One little gripe, I prefer the question mark to be located on the right hand side
on 12 July 2010
great little gizmo helps solve crosswords knowledge view is good .also lots of word games to do on train journeys etc.good all round product
on 14 February 2010
I have used the earlier edition for at least 10 years. I bought a new one as screen on mine was missing letters & new battery did not help.
Thesaurus now offers long explanation but not many useful words.
Crossword solver comes up with lists of words thesaurus does not recognise so one needs a paper dictionary to check answer to clue!.I still use it when I get stuck for an answer to Wordsearch or crossword so am pleased I purchased the replacement.
Good anagram solver.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse