on 23 September 2013
I bought Seasonal Baking as I have Fiona's two other books and they are a go-to for all celebrations. Seasonal Baking does not disappoint!

Seasonal Baking is the sort of book you want to sit down and read with a cup of tea- the recipes all look fantastic and there are so many lovely photographs to look through. I have baked the Peanut Butter and Sour Cherry Cookies and the Spiced Butternut Mini Loaf cakes and they've turned out perfectly.. and didn't last long in our house! Dividing the book into seasons does make you think twice about the ingredients you use at certain times of the year. I'm looking forward to baking the Fig, Port and Star Anise Christmas cake...

In short, recommended!
on 19 November 2015
This is a lovely book, and a great gift for enthusiastic baker. The photo are lovely and it's well written with clear but not patronising instructions. These recipes are a little different from others in my (quite large) collection so I'm very happy to give it the shelf space. The arrangement over the seasons is a nice way to think what to cook but not too prescriptive. The ginger nuts and easy jam tarts are already family favourites, book is worth it for these alone.
on 14 October 2013
I loved her first and it is dog eared and splattered with cocoa powder but this latest book is beautifully photographed and put together with another set of imaginative and delicious recipes and is fast becoming another favourite. Seasonal recipes I have used so far are the Mini Spiced Butternut Squash Cakes - even more moist as one big cake, White Chocolate and Nectarine Tart and the Fig, Blackcurrant and Fennel Tarts - delicious combinations and accurate recipes which is so important in these recessional days when you want to be sure that you are not wasting good ingredients. I am even looking forward to winter and to making the Clementine and Star Anise sponge, the Chocolate Cardamom Tart, not to mention the Crumbly Mince Pies! And roll on the Alphonso season so I can tackle the scented pavlova ..........
on 2 August 2014
Bought the first Fiona book just had to get the second. This is a high quality book with hardcover. Recipes great a few very different combinations e.g. courgettes in brownies???? Wasn't my thing but some all time favourites like raspberry & coconut
on 29 June 2014
I love the seasonal approach in this book and really love the styling - I tried painting a couple of cakes with great success which really pleased me, the chocolate truffle cake is amazing, as is the mincemeat in the winter section. I've had this book for 6 months now and keep coming back to it. Undoubtedly Fiona Cairns best book yet, this one is destined to be a classic.
on 6 March 2014
This is the third Fiona Cairns book I have bought and it is as good as the others. The book looks great, the recipes are doable and use seasonal ingredients. It'a book with recipes you can use and follow year round. I'm really pleased with it.
on 19 July 2014
I love Fiona Cairns' books and this is no exception. Serve unusual recipes in terms of flavour combinations but this is one of the reasons I like her cookbooks. Beautiful photography, clear recipes and ingredient lists. Great for the experienced or novice baker.
on 23 October 2013
I was sent this book through Amazon as a gift from my sister in law, who happens to be a chef and who is also a BIG fan of Fiona's books! I am SO delighted with it. It is full of beautiful photographs and fabulous mouth watering recipes. I already have Fiona's "Birthday Cake Book" from which I have many favourite cakes that I bake regularly, but now I have even more to choose from. I love the way this book is set out in seasons to help you make the most of the produce available for the time of year that you are cooking. It is the sort of book that you could have on a coffee table to pick up again and again to find something new every time.
on 5 November 2013
Really enjoying this book. Never bought a Fiona cairns before and didn't know what to expect. I've now made nearly all of the autumn recipes for the kids- the carrot cake went down very well as did the hedgerow. They enjoyed learning about new ingredients - cobnuts - and regional food like Parkin. Working up to winter now....
on 23 September 2013