on 1 December 2013
I enjoyed this story about a girl who thinks she's so hopeless with men, her friends try to educate her. Then she meets the man of her dreams and everything is looking up. But is he as perfect as he seems? A light hearted,fun read.
on 11 November 2013
For a 'beach novel' it was a good read. Well written, I have downloaded another Rachel Schurig and I like the way characters from other novels pop up occasionally, I mean why wouldn't they, they're all set in pretty much the same areas and we all know this is a small world.
on 26 May 2013
I gave this book 4 stars out of 5 as I enjoyed it but it was slightly predictable. However the characters were great as was the storyline. There was definitely times I wanted to reach inside my kindle and give Emily a shake because sometimes she was clueless!
A great title for exactly what the book is- a search for the perfect love!
on 2 December 2014
I didn’t enjoy this book in the least. The pace was way too slow and the initial plot too pathetic. The whole story begins with the protagonist, Emily, being short in luck in the man department, and her friends accounting for her misfortunes in love as the result of her scarce education on the topic. So they decide that to change she has to read chick-lit, classic romance, and watch as many chick flicks as she can. I mean, how lame is this? I found it so stupid it verged on irritating.
The first 40% of the book was excruciating to get through, as it was so boring and uneventful. Towards the end, it gets slightly better, but not too much.
I’ve started this book right after finishing three girls and a baby, which I had found easy and entertaining, so I was utterly surprised to find this story to be so completely inferior, not only for the writing style, but as well for the content. It seemed written by a completely different author and it was a major disappointment.
on 30 May 2014
I just finished this one and enjoyed it, it's the first Rachel Schurig book I've read and I will look out for her books in future. The main character Emily has been persuaded by her friends that the reason she can't find romance is because she hasn't read/watched enough romances, so they make her their project and get her clued up! They also decide she needs a makeover, when she meets a charming man, she convinces herself to change for him, he's everything she should want, he's handsome, rich, charming, it doesn't matter that he doesn't have any interest in getting to know who she is and wants to buy her clothes and take her to all the places he loves and feed her all the foods he loves. But her best friend from her childhood doesn't like him and yet again she finds someone else telling her what to do, she doesn't know what to do, who to listen to or even who she is anymore!! Her friend Chris seems to be the only one talking sense! But then something happens that makes her re-think it all and there is one person who is there for her during all of it and suddenly she see's what she should have seen before, but perhaps she wasn't ready for it! She finds love in the end in the least, but perhaps most likely of places! A bit predictable and perhaps a bit rushed at the end, but still a great read and a great length!
on 13 October 2012
Loved the book and really like Rachel's writing style. You can pick this book up and read it in bits as it's so easy to follow. Will certainly be watching for more releases.
on 26 November 2013
Trite & rather dull, I confess to only reading half of it simply because I couldn't be less interested in the characters
on 9 February 2015
I've read Rachel Schurig before and liked them. This was the same, slow to start but due to experience I knew to stick with it. As with others it made me smile, had me wondering, had me a little annoyed with the main character. But, I can't say I was overly excited by it. It did give me food for thought, and I thank Rachel for that. Sometimes the obvious is right in front, you see but you don't always take a good look.
on 14 August 2014
I enjoyed this, yes it was classic chick lit really and yes it was pretty predictable but it was well written and there were some really amusing moments, and I found myself liking the main character, despite her faults and even in parts where I wanted to shake her for being a bit blind, I still liked her and found myself rooting for her. All in all an enjoyable easy read and I would read books by this author again.
on 1 November 2013
Follow Emily as the girl who doesn't know what love is. Her friends try an experiment to try to help her find true love so after watching every love film ever written she meets Greg the perfect man who buys her diamonds and takes her to the best places the perfect boyfriend.......right?
Really well written as soon as I read this one I went and bought the next two books in the series.