SealSkinz Men's Handle Bar Mittens - Black, Large
Size: LargeColour: BlackChange
Price:£24.95-£45.10

on 14 February 2015
I do struggle to keep warm sometimes , especially the extremities (even more so now im cycling)
so thought id give up cycling come my first winter but its in me now so carried on but then ive had to find solutions to keep various parts of my body warm. So now its hands........ well as it got colder I went onto my winter gloves (Tenn I think) , not the best I guess but on a budget and still did my research so worked really well for a time . Then as it got colder I struggled so rather than give up I researched and started to use silk liner gloves.... GREAT !!!!!!!!!!! ..........briefly ...as it got colder I needed an upgrade.......merino wool liner gloves (edz I think). That did well for about down to 0c , not bad I guess but below that I bloody nearly got frostbite even on short commute (I also have a nerve problem in left arm - though agony was both hands)
SO........got battery heated gloves (to try any which way - on their own, as liners, anything) - useless, didn't heat ends of fingers
Researched lots of reviews (pretty much everything you find with good reviews, you look on other sites and you find they are not warm for many people)
These Mittens were the only ones I couldn't find any reviews saying anything negative about the cold :-) good stuff !!!!!!!!

well on my few uses so far ive found them pretty warm (at about -2c for 30mins) though ive had a couple of cold finger tips in my dodgy hand BUT .... REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!! why is there NO grip on the underside of the gloves ?????????? I can barely turn my twist gears (ok, maybe crap gears) but I can barely grip my handlebars when I stand to climb (and pull against bars a bit). A HUGEEEEEEEE ERROR !!!!

I'M CURRENTLY TRYING TO THINK OF WHAT TO GLUE TO UNDERSIDE OF MITTENS and this is SIMPLY NOT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

so good and bad (for me anyway and had to share) , will still use till its warmer (just for ride into work - gloves for less cold ride home) , JUST NEED BETTER GRIP
on 22 April 2014
i've just came back from a 2 week expedition in brooks range mountains in alaska. these gloves really did their job in keeping my hands dry and warm. temperatures were around -20c to -30c as an average with the temp going down to -40c one morning. through most of this trip i wore these gloves with a pair of sealskinz merino thermal liner gloves. again, excellent product. very highly recommended.
on 1 June 2013
I've tried a few cycling gloves in the past and these are the only ones that have kept my hands warm in winter. A friend has the glove variety (as opposed to the mits) and still claims of cold hands, so I don't know whether the gloves (though rated equally by SealSkinz) are as effective. Could be he just has hands even more sensitive than mine.
on 17 June 2015
These gloves are fantastic! I am an unusually cold person, and my hands are always freezing, but these gloves meant I could continue cycling without discomfort throughout winter. They also do a reasonable job of wicking away sweat from your hands, so even when you start to heat up they still do well. I think for long cycles you would need lighter gloves to change into, but for my 40 minute commute they were nearly always fine throughout.

There is a slight loss of dexterity because they are so thick, but it's nowhere near as bad as you might think because the underside of the gloves is quite thin. They are find for most of the things you need to do on a bike, such as braking and changing gear.
on 25 February 2015
Best cold weather gloves I've had and they keep you dry too (even over 3 hrs persistant rain last Sunday)