Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
|Price:||£74.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£73.99 (50%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Combining state-of-the-art technology and industry-leading manufacturing expertise, the Seagate® Barracuda® 7200.12 drive—the 12th generation of this award-winning desktop hard drive family—delivers 3000 GB of high-performing, eco-friendly digital storage. Designed with industry-leading acoustics and low power levels.
Seagate drive with instructions manual0
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
CERTIFIED REPAIRED HDD.
Nowhere in the description does it say it is a faulty HDD that has been repaired and there is no way of knowing how reliable or how long the drive was used BEFORE it was repaired. If I had known it was a repaired drive I would not have purchased it.
*UPDATE* Just checked the date code 13181 This equates to 02-11-2012 (Over 2 years old), Just requested a refund.
*UPDATE 2* Please note the supplier of this disk was "InvisibleMedia".
I asked for a refund and Amazon was very helpful. I know have bought a WDC 3TB one instead, waiting for it to arrive.
This is the second 3TB drive that I have ordered. The first one is still going strong from July 2012.
This partciular Disk Drive was ordered on 4th Oct arrived on the 8th October (not exactly Amazon Prime!). I was away on business so did not install and test until 13 October. The disk was packaged in a box 11cm x 15cm x 22cm (i.e. not much larger than the disk drive itself).
The box contained the 3TB drive as ordered (Serial Number Z1F32JEM).
1. I connected the disk drive to my PC via the usual internal power and data cables.
2. I then turned on PC to notice lots of clicking from this disk drive- as if it was trying to read from bad sectors.
3. The disk drive was not seen by the Seagate Disk Wizard - so I performed a shutdown.
4. I tested the cables on a known working disk drive - all ok, and then shutdown the PC.
5. I reconnected the 3 TB Seagate disk drive and turned on.
6. Ran up the Seagate Disk Wizard Application
7. Upon trying to prepare the disk for first use, the clicking started again - more intense this time.
8. The following error was displayed "Failed to read from sector '1,565,565,871' of hard disk upon which the clicking stopped.
7. Used HD Tune app to find that the disk was full of bad sectors
8. Following a re-boot the disk can't be seen by the Seagate Disk Wizard.
9. Requested a refund and return of this item.
10. I have ordered another disk drive to replace this item.
Depending on how quickly the collection and refund is resolved and whether the replacement item I have ordered works I may well review the rating of this item.
Update 16th Oct
The disk drive was collected.Read more ›
Next I spent 11-hours copying > 4TB (yes that's TERABYTES) of files across to these drives from 2 external drives (1 x 4TB Seagate Expansion & 1 x 500GB Iomega eGo, both USB 3.0) and was seriously impressed with 145MB/s to 150MB/s transfer speeds (see following link below for examples shot with my iPhone:[...]
UPDATE: My 3rd Seagate 3TB drive arrived and installed perfectly and seems even faster than my other 2 - CrystalDiskMark 3 tests for Sequential Read/Write (3x 1000MB test) shows 185 MB/s for both!
June 2014: I'm now on my 4th Seagate 3TB HDD and this completes the final slot in my USB 3.0 external JBOD. I'm getting 170 MB/s minimum through sustained usage - yesterday I copied 1,700 GB of HD Videos across to this new drive effortlessly!!
I was able to easily configure it as a single partition. I configured it for GPT instead of MBR; and thus I have access to full 3TB (formatted as 2.72TB) without breaking it up into partitions. No extra software or hardware was needed.
I have a new PC the configuration made this install very straightforward: Asus P8P67 Pro REV 3.0 mobo, Intel i7-2600K CPU, 16GB RAM, two Intel 510 SSDs, 5 additional internal Seagate Barracuda HDs, two 3TB eSATA HDs Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Antec P183 v3 case, Antec CP1000 power supply,
It runs just slightly warm to the touch, about the same as my other non-SSD HDs. Note: I have a 120mm fan dedicated to my (lower) HD bay where these drives are installed.
I scanned the whole drive for bad spots without significant findings or problems.
I needed the 3TB of space for my digital photography hobby, so easy access to this much space is very welcome.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After about a year, the drive failed. I sent it to Seagate to recover the data (at a cost of around £1000!).
They replaced it with a new one, which has also just failed! Read more
I bought this to replace a faulty unit of the same type and manufacturer which was one of two RAID disks in a NAS unit. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Peter Jackson
This hard drive turned up with over 35% defective/corrupted and could not repair.Published 9 days ago by liam smith
I needed more storage, so I opted for this drive. I have an older Hitachi 2TB and even older (2009.?) WD blue 600 GB drive. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Boris Stromar