Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Nov 2012 10:43:05 GMT
jonnyb1990 says:
3rd time this has happened now, ordered Halo4 + Premium postage back in July, hasn't turned up today and was dispatched yesterday, and whats more your customer reps are stupid, i think i would know when my post a comes !

Hello Play.com, the home of free postage

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 10:58:35 GMT
J. Pattison says:
You do know that packages are often delivered separate to your usual letters. I'm not defending amazon in the slightist because I've had bad service with this game too. But once it's dispatched its in royal mails hands. Plus there is still plenty of time left in the game for it to come. My fingers are crossed that it will be waiting for me when I get back from work.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 11:03:01 GMT
jonnyb1990 says:
I've always got it at the same time, It just really annoys me that Amazon make it hard for you to register a complaint with them, and refuse to refund the cost of the postage, I bet if i ask my mate at the RM Depot. he will find it there ! i took the day off work for this, what a waste of my time !

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 11:24:05 GMT
wizbit says:
Should never have trusted amazon for this release. Exact same thing. Even had a chat with the postman when he came by and he said for sure it wont be today that was it for him.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 11:27:40 GMT
XRayLexx says:
Could this issue be more the Royal Mails fault than Amazons? Lets face it First Class via Royal Mail can take anywhere between 1 day and 3 Days! Sometimes even 5 days!

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 13:32:39 GMT
First time I've pre-ordered with Amazon. I won't do so again. Royal Mail have been and gone. There is a small chance as mentioned in other threads it comes separately from the lighter post but I highly doubt it. Greatly disappointed.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 13:39:49 GMT
I chose first class months ago when the pre-order first came up to guarantee it on the release day. They only dispatched it yesterday which is far too late for 1st class. Not happy at all tbh I hope they at least refund the postage.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 13:54:41 GMT
Datolite says:
Mine was couriered. Sure you didn't get an despatch email confirming a tracking number?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 13:58:54 GMT
Did you choose the next day service? I made the mistake of using royal snail first class LOL

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 14:05:46 GMT
Datolite says:
No, First Class - 2.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 14:09:01 GMT
Ah well. there may still be hope for today then.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 14:21:19 GMT
wizbit says:
Amazon were offering guaranteed delivery on the day of release with royal mail 1st class. Sending it the night before while offering release day delivery was a stupid mistake on Amazons part.

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 14:46:12 GMT
GB360 says:
You're not the only one, I have had Halo 4 LE pre ordered since July, with 1st class delivery, i got a confirmation email yesterday telling me it has been sent. Today postman came and went, no game. To say i'm disapointed is an understatement. What makes it even worse is a friend of mine pre ordered the LE from Amazon a few weeks ago after seeing Forward Unto Dawn and his came yesterday. I have had 3 recent pre orders with Amazon: Uncharted 3 GOTY, Doom 3 BFG and Halo 4.

Uncharted was ordered with free delivery, came 1 day after release day,
Doom 3 with 1st Class delivery, despatched 1 day before release day, came the next day.
and finally Halo which i am still waiting for.

I find it strange that my friend, who is in the same boat as me (1st Class delivery) had his despatched a couple of days before mine.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 14:50:45 GMT
Datolite says:
Do you live in the same area?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 15:10:35 GMT
GB360 says:
No, he lives in Southampton, I'm in Liverpool

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2012 15:14:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Nov 2012 15:17:53 GMT
What rubbish is this, I paid extra to get it on release date, Amazon had better refund that extra for this!!

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 16:08:30 GMT
So yesterday even though I had the money in my account, the payment was for some reason declined. Then, miraculously, later on in the day (with me having done nothing extra to my bank account) it magically was able to be taken. I just complained to amazon and then said that it was my fault for the payment being declined and that I changed the delivery address (I did not). I argued that since the payment went off about 12pm and since I have prime I should have got it anyway, since prime is next day delivery? Then she just repeated herself saying that it was my fault. I think like others have said, Amazon use this payment declined thing as a way of covering up late orders. People saying this is royal mails fault, why do amazon ship pre orders which EVERYBODY expects to arrive on the day of release with such an awful courier?

Posted on 6 Nov 2012 16:29:30 GMT
exactly right Mr.Gittens. The payment declined is just to cover up their mistakes and make their numbers look good to the bosses.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 09:23:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Nov 2012 09:24:22 GMT
S0ulution says:
Samr issue here. Mine's still a no show and apparently I never ordered it because it's not in my order history!!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Nov 2012 09:42:46 GMT
Alex Feetham says:
Just change it on the top right of your order screen to orders placed in 2012, my game should *fingers crossed* be here in the next hour or two.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 10:12:02 GMT
Datolite says:
Servers were down for hours last night anyway, you didn't miss much.

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 10:35:08 GMT
jonnyb1990 says:
hasn't come today either, what the funk do i do with you now Amazon ? your customer service sucks beyond belief, i cant seem to get a refund on postage, why do i use you ?

Posted on 7 Nov 2012 22:22:54 GMT
All my mates who used free delivery got it on the day (for example my brother who used free delivery and got it on the release date) and I, who paid for release date delivery got it a day late. The exact same thing happened to my friends who ordered with release date delivery yet my friends who didn't pay for delivery got it on the day. So, if you pay for delivery you get it late. Great logic amazon. The same thing happened with Halo: Reach, I will not be pre-ordering off amazon again after this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  6 Nov 2012
Latest post:  7 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (122)