Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more
Customer Discussions > Made of Bricks forum

Scott Mackie's Review of Kate Nash Album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Aug 2007 17:16:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Aug 2007 17:18:24 BDT
N. L. Zetter says:
Scott - the reasons why so many people including myself know that the Kate Nash Album is brilliant even though it's not out are obvious:
1. they have seen her live (inc Glasto, T in The Park etc)
2. they have seen her on You Tube - all the album tracks have (legally) been on there for weeks
3. they have listened to her sessions on the radio e.g. XFM
4. they view her MySpace site which actually kick started her fame (check out the 1.3 million+ hits figure).

I think the album is highly original, nothing like Lily Allen, thankfully sung in her own voice (not a pseudo American one) and I am off to see her at two gigs in Sept and Nov.

I hope you revise your opinion and enjoy the album.

Neal Zetter.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Aug 2007 15:10:09 BDT
Joe says:
I just bought the album after hearing Foundations on the radio over the last few weeks and the other tracks on MySpace. I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed with the album, Kate Nash has a great voice and lyrics but the added production stuff on the tracks like "we get on" "merry happy" and the other songs on her MySpace page ruin the songs. They have been sped up and extra drumbeats added that in my opinion wreck the songs!

A real shame

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2007 23:20:56 BDT
N. L. Zetter, the reasons so many people including myself think that Kate Nash album is a whopping massive turd of a record is that we own a pair of ears and are able to use them in conjunction with our brain to make a critical assessment.

I particularly loved your 'nothing like Lily Allen'. Ha ha ha. Both dreary middle class girls affecting a streetwise stance that is utter fantasy. Both lyrically banal. Both highly managed by major record labels. Both a big huge bright shining LIE.

Still, I'm heartened by the poor response to Nash's half-baked and rushed album, which will perhaps persuade the major labels that cashing in a single's success isn't always a good idea if your artist doesn't have more than 2 good songs for an album.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2007 15:29:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Nov 2007 07:22:53 GMT
wysiwy-f-g says:
BHC: If you dont like Kate Nash why are you listening so closely to her lyrics and music?
So you havent got the same musical taste, why do you have to be so arrogant regarding your view.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2008 14:13:45 GMT
S. Harding says:
Got the album for christmas
some good songs and some truly dreadful songs
maybe she should have waited
till she had a few more songs and not just put anything on it to make up the numbers

Lilly Allen's album is brilliant

lets not get into the whole middle class thing, the music industry is almost entirely made up of the middle class,
as real working class people have to get jobs and don't have the time or money to make it in music.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Made of Bricks forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  3 Aug 2007
Latest post:  3 Jan 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Made of Bricks
Made of Bricks by Kate Nash (Audio CD - 2007)
3.5 out of 5 stars (120)