Is "77" the name of the Scot's own commercial business? Pure coincidence or what?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Sep 2013 14:20:32 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Sep 2013 19:33:29 BDT
amazon says:
We have read it all, on all British newspapers, in any possible 'sauce'...on TV, every internet British/Scottish site..
This is another marketing fad...
In ONLY one year, after Wimbledon, books and DVDs are countless...
A gigantic money-milking machine is behind this.
It starts to stink, now.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2013 14:47:53 BDT
jazzkat says:
Did the multi talented, ingenious Scot write the book by himself?
Or the XIX Entertainment's ghost writer?
I am wondering when he found the time for writing it...
Maybe between the US Open defeat and the Davis Cup win...
Just in time for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and Christmas! They are just around the corner.

Posted on 2 Nov 2013 13:19:12 GMT
brunella says:
It is incredible how the Scot manages to get column inches when he's not playing tennis.
Since he signed up with Simon Fuller, everything he does makes cheesy headlines.
Now it is the turn of his training with Maurinho's Chelsea!
Media crap.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 03:41:56 GMT
While it is a long-anticipated treat for his British fans and groupies,for me the book doesn't quite satisfy.
One gets the feeling that, after he won Wimbledon and was to launch the "77" business company, owned also by his brother, he (or rather a "ghost" writer) rushed to complete this book to take advantage from the media hype in time for the festive season.
The material was too little and not new, as too much had already been written on newspapers.
In order to catch the holidays' market, they added a good chunk of nice photographs.
The pages describing how he was under pressure are detailed, but a little too sentimental...
But after these, the book falls apart. There's a notable lack of substance.
It repeats already known material.
Four stars for entertainment value (it's a fast read), two stars for content.
Now it may be a good buy at such a good, discounted price.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2013 12:36:16 GMT
I am not impressed by this fuss.
While it's not unusual for someone who has won a major grand slam to write about his emotions in this manner, they end up becoming filler for what could have been a meatier, more in-depth book, had he really given in to telling his story.
I am just wondering if it is time to stop this market fad.
As for BBC, even if they have just disclosed the Sport Personality shortlist, it was clear from the start of their obsessive, populist campaign that the Scot would be awarded..So, why do they fake an improbable last-day thriller when we know already know the result...??
On that day we'll watch on repeat mode the déjà vu documentary "The man behind the racquet"..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  19 Sep 2013
Latest post:  28 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory
Andy Murray: Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory by Andy Murray (Hardcover - 7 Nov 2013)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (98)