The thing is this: It's not done for a quick camp laugh, nor to parody the obvious influences.
The amazing thing is this: It works. Brilliantly.
This work is a homage to artists when they were at the top of their game. It's a band that truly love the past and don't think it's ready to be forgotten.
One of the most original, stylish, surprising, funny, moving records for some time. I really didn't think I'd like this album as much as I do. It was an impulse purchase solely on hearing 'Comfortably Numb' (which I didn't like AT ALL the first time I heard it, but took over my head by stealth) and it was the best buy I've made in... well, a week or two (Snow Patrol's album also was a great purchase), but that's not the point! This is a wonderful album that will blow you away.
1) Laura- This is funky, cool and stylish and quickly gets you hooked. 10/10
2) Take your mama- Lets face it. What other band has a song about getting your mum pissed and taking her to a gay bar? To add to that the song is brilliant and insanely catchy 10/10
3) Comfortably Numb- Surprisingly a bit different to the rest of the album but still one of the best on there 10/10
4) Mary- Although a lot of people think this track is a standout track it doesn't quite do it for me. A slow and haunting ballad. 6/10
5)Lovers in the backseat- Another slow track that doesn't get me hooked like the rest of the album and a track I often find myself skipping 5/10
6)T*ts on the radio- A return to the upbeat music although not quite as good as the first three tracks but better than tracks 4 and 5. 7/10
7)Filthy/gorgeous- Ana Matronic takes lead vocals on this over the top fun disco style track and the track that returns the album to superb status 9/10
8)Music is the victim- This is a track that grabs you instantly with a funky intro and catchy lyrics. I think this track is one of the most openly gay songs on the album other than take your mama. 10/10
9) Better luck- I love this track.... Read more ›
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions