Flavour: Lemon^Lime|Size: 500g|Change

on 17 September 2014
I was skeptical about using this sort of thing and to be honest never thought it would make a difference. It was my neighbour who suggested I give it a try and gave me half a tube of the tablets he had been using. Both in our forties, like me he cycles for fitness but unlike myself he had joined a club and the miles he was doing was far greater than that which I could achieve. My problem, was a feeling of being completely wiped out afterwards and the onset of migraine. However the theory of taking Electrolytes made sense and you know what .. it works. I can now do twice the miles and no migraine afterwards. I also use it on long walks and again I can honestly say it has made a difference to how I feel compared to just drinking water. I also suffer from Irritable Leg Syndrome (twitching legs at night) and quite by accident, I was chatting to a physio who informed me that taking electrolytes has been shown to be effective. Early days to judge this one but if it did work for this then it would be true blessing. So all in all it's a thumbs up and compared to the feeling of not getting migraines, being able to exercise harder and longer is just an added bonus. Also very useful when I take long journeys, works better than coffee.
on 21 December 2014
Extremely well packaged to the point of to much packaging... however very pleased it came damage free, and on the scheduled delivery date.

I have absolutely no bad things to really say about the SIS powder product.
It tastes extremely nice... no need for any other flavorings to be added, and disolves pretty fast in order to be consumed almost instantly.

I usually drink 1 pint of water with 2 scoops of this 1 hour before riding... this perks my energy levels up and leaves me feeling pumped ready for 30 miles of riding through thick mud and sludge.

I usually carry a 3L Camlebak hydration bladder, and I tend to put around 6 scoops in with it, and this will keep me going a good 30-40miles.

I have purchased other products not relating to SIS and some of them have made me feel naucious, this however does not.

It keeps my legs from screaming out in pain for much longer and hydrates my body much better than I had thought it would.

If only they did bigger containers. The price is fair, although you could get similar products cheaper... how good they are I don't know, as this is my go to product.
on 5 May 2015
Great stuff. I use this instead of plain water when cycling. It's no substitute for eating the right food and the right time but in addition to doing so, it makes a big difference. The energy you get from this supplement is available for your body to use quite quickly (about half an hour) because it's pretty high GI so if you drink little and often you're not going to run out of energy and grind to a halt. It's no "better" or "worse" to drink than water is but I'm not one of those people who feels bloated after drinking a lot of water. It's fairly sweet as you would expect but doesn't taste artificially over sweetened like some supplements do. Also, it's clear when mixed with water not yellow like some brands of supplements of this type are. This is a good thing as I use a clear water bottle and don't want to look like I'm riding about with a bottle of wee attached to my bike.
on 16 August 2013
I'm a drummer in a rock band and frequently get plagued by cramp in my right leg (that plays the bass drum) towards the end or after a gig. I sweat a lot while playing and simply keeping well hydrated and even putting salt in my drinks had no effect on the problem. After much research I realised that I was probably losing vital minerals - that GO Electrolyte provides.
I have now used this drink for the last three gigs, all performed in pretty hot weather, and the difference is amazing. No cramp, and my muscles hardly even feel tired. The added carbs are also a bonus to keep my stamina up !!
If you're prone to cramp during or after exercise, you must try this.
on 6 December 2015
I was sceptical at first, however having run out I've noticed a drop in my momentum during full body workouts. I'm training to go cycling in the alps while keeping some middle sized muscle and this stuff helps for my 40min-60min sessions on the bike after a 1 1/2 hour workout. Bath University (renowned for sports) has released a study suggesting that glucose (normally found in most energy drinks) is much harder for the body to break down than sugars such as fructose and sucrose, this drink contains the latter and you'll notice a 20%-30% lift after a week or so of usage. I track my lifting with a device called thisispush and monitor my cardio closely, certainly feel a little sluggish without this juice. It's important to also get the recovery drink that accompanies this to replenish lost salt and minerals in your sweat.
on 18 October 2015
Superb and ideal for high intensity running or cycling sessions as quenches thirst very well. An important part of sport nutrition as you lose essential salts n electrolytes when sweating a lot. Great flavour. Was delivered on time 👍🏻
on 5 April 2016
It's not the worst tasting sports-drink I've ever had but I have had to experiment with the quantity of powder simply to get a decent tasting drink. That aside it does the job - electrolyte replacement and cramp busting up there with the best I've used. No hideous chemical aftertaste or dryness that sometimes comes from the sweetener added to Zero or Sugar free electrolyte drinks.

I still prefer Gatorade and Powerade but this is far superior to other products, including the overly sweet and sticky Lucozade sport.
on 15 August 2013
definitely enhances your stamina in strenuos cardio exercise/tasks
& unlike water, prevents your mouth staying dry when dehydrated
both during exercise, strenuous work & in the heat.
on 19 February 2016
Even though summer is over, I find that after indulging at Christmas, I sweat during my workouts, especially the high intensity ones. During the warmer months, I always have an electrolyte drink to replenish myself but these can get expensive buying each bottle 500ml.
I decided to try this powder as a replacement and I love it. The blackcurrant flavour is refreshing after really pushing yourself and its great value for money.

The mixing works better using a whisk so it doesn’t clump and tastes best with very cold chilled water. It is recommended to use 40g of power for 500ml so you get around 12 servings, however, I find a weaker dose works just as well and makes the drink last longer.

I always drink this after a workout but will mix one up midway through if I am feeling weak for an extra boost and it really does give you a little boost to push you through.

Overall, would definitely recommend- it isn’t to everyone’s taste (my partner said it leaves a powdery chalk taste) but its worth it if you prefer an un-carbonated replenishing drink.
on 30 August 2013
I use it all the time for when I cycle its good for rides around an hour, after that I take some food or use the GO product.