on 18 January 2011
1.) Articles written about old science endeavour as if it were new.
2.) ScienceNews would have you believe that any discoveries and research that is noteworthy only happens in America.
3.) Articles are written from such a simplistic point of view that the real 'meat' of the discovery is overlooked.

In short very poor, until more broadly scoped science magazines are available on the Kindle I wouldn't bother subscribing to this number. Don't take my word for it though use the 14-day free trial, just don't forget to cancel it in time :)
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2011
I can see the pespective of the other reviewer, but I don't think this publication is too bad.
Although it doesn`t always go into as much depth as i`d like, its a reasonably easy read, so it's understandable even if you're not that familiar with the topic.
It might not be totally up to the minute, but it's still worth a read since there aren't many other 'general' science publications on Kindle yet.
on 17 February 2013
I purchased this for the kindle app on my iPad (I have the old kindle with the keyboard and did not bother with it on there as you really need a colour screen to benefit from this magazine). I just wanted something interesting and informative to while away a dull afternoon. I can honestly say I got just that.

The magazine is very simple to navigate and easy to understand.

For anyone wishing to learn some interesting scientific topics, I would suggest this as the one to get. Very enjoyable with a wide range of topics to choose from.
on 17 January 2013
Short articles fill you in quickly with what's going on in the world of science.
Too many at times. Some articles could do with a little more explanation.
on 10 November 2012
A clear and informative view into the works of the worlds scientists and researchers. Written with the view that all can enjoy and learn about the engine that runs around them 24/7.
on 22 March 2013
I bought this on kindle, so no colour photos. I would probably buy the physical magazine next time. Learned why short sightedness is becoming a global epidemic- make your grandchildren play outdoors to encourage their eyeballs to grow correctly
on 2 April 2013
A bit disappointed with this product. I thought it would be bite sized, but good quality science. I am a career scientist and I didn't think this really comes up to scratch...
on 29 September 2015
It is an amazing magazine with lots of amazing facts
on 3 July 2012
I just love this magazine! The articles are clear and well explained, there are some interesting pictures (in b&w) and almost everything inside is interesting. Great value if you like a bit of science vulgarisation.
on 20 September 2014
not possible to open current publication