on 23 October 2008
Other fantastic resurrections include care bears, love hearts and most recently of all the Wispa bar, however the coolest and most iconic of them all is the space hopper! Ungainly? - yes, it can be at times! Elegent? - most certainly not! Cool? - hell yeah!

My space hopper hasn't had a single moments rest since it has arrived! I've bounced all round the house and the garden, receiving a few odd looks from neighbours and a little disturbing for my black labrador who felt it necessary to bark at it all night when I first blew it up!

That reminds me! A pump that can both inflate and deflate adds to ease of use and means that it can easily be stored away - not that you want to put it down for one second.

Go ahead and unleash your inner child!
33 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2010
I bought 2 of these, one for me and one for a moving in present for my friend. It has to be one of the best thing I have ever bought. I'm 19 and so am a pretty good age to be playing on this and I have managed to convert most of my friends and hopefully they will all buy one too.

I just like to bounce around the house and it also just gives somewhere novel for my friends to sit when they come round to my house.

It is just a great product. I'm quite a big guy too and it is still big enough for me to play on, so no need for me to be worried that i'm going to break it.

A definite buy!! Get a few if you can so friends and/or family can all play on them together!
on 11 December 2009
I bought 2 of these for my Dad's 70th birthday party. I created a relay race in the garden and I dont think I have laughed so much! It certainly kept the younger adults entertained. Would highly recommend to anyone. it is easy to pump up, has a great high bounce and is ideal for adults. It will be used at many more parties.
Firstly, this is a BIG spacehopper. Very big.

Our 8 year old daughter cannot sit on it and use it as a spacehopper should be but it ideally suits teenagers/ adults and has given hours of fun. Comes with a basic and rather cheap looking plastic foot bellows style air pump but which inflates the hopper in a reasonable amount of time. Hopper has withstood a lot of use with no sign of wear and has not required inflation in 2 weeks.

Biggest problem is storage but if you have room , can't fault it for teenagers/ adults.
on 25 June 2009
very fast delivery - and very quick and easy to inflate. We had lots of fun both adults and children using the hoppers at a 40th retro themed party!! still inflated one month on for use by young and old visitors!!!
on 30 September 2010
I bought two of these for the summer and they were a big hit with both the kids and the adults (more the latter, if I'm honest). Very durable and some six weeks later have not lost any air. Recommended.
on 17 January 2011
This space hopper is fab! I don't know who is getting the most fun from it - my nearly 5 year old neice or my 42 year old sister. Came in a sturdy box with its own pump and it took me all of 10 minutes to pump it up on Christmas day. The retro style took the oldies back and my neice mastered it straight away although her feet don't quite touch the ground if she is sat on top - easily rectified - alter sitting position! I put 5 for its educational value - not sure if this is true but hey, who cares about educational value - it's a toy! Could say it's an historical artefact at a push.
on 2 January 2010
Bought as a fun gift. Brought back memories of youth. Very good for keeping fit. Good for all ages.
on 7 May 2011
A spacehopper is a spacehopper, right? Having recently received one as a gift which was thin plastic which burst and then literally came apart on the first day, I wanted to replace it with one that was going to be tough and ordered this item on the strength of the product description: "made of tough, thick rubber". I expected it to be made as the original, 70s spacehoppers were: a thick, matte and slightly gritty-feeling rubber which lasted well. Unfortunately that's NOT what this is made of; it feels like slightly sticky, shiny plastic - not thick at all - and the box bears a warning that the toy should not be used anywhere there is a danger of puncture (such as in a garden, maybe?). As I'm unable to print off a returns label at the moment I will keep it for now and try it: but if it goes "bang" as rapidly as the last one, it will be returned as "not as described" and a refund will be expected.
on 7 January 2010
I bought 2 of these for my children for Christmas. My youngest who is 7 (and a bit small) found it a bit big but my 11 year old found it perfect. Lots of fun, keeps them active and easy to blow up and deflate to put away. An ideal stocking filler or present.