4.0 out of 5 stars1,211

on 9 October 2011
I've been plagued by fungal nail infections on both feet since I was a teenager. I was told, once in the nail the infection is systemic and that no topical medication will treat it. Unfortunately for me, the two GPs I've had have refused to treat them. The first citing possible kidney damage, the other called it a "cosmetic concern." This has lead to 15 years of athlete's foot, despite every measure I've taken, as the lightest damp has caused my nails to reinfected my feet. It's cost me a fortune over the years in hot laundry,athlete's foot creams and powders,disinfectants for the shower after every bath, frequent shoe replacements, etc.

So, when the good reviews started to appear for this product, I decided to give it a go. This was back in July.

I bought a bottle, and as I opened it, my heart sank. My nails were much more far gone than the photos in the accompanying leaflet with the big, fat, red X on it. Having spent the money, I thought I'd nothing to lose by trying it, and I'm so glad I did.

Aside from beginning with a more serious infection than recommended I followed the instructions to the letter, and then, on another recommendation on here, carried on with the first 4-week regime for another month before stepping it back to twice weekly applications.

For the first 5 weeks I saw no improvement at all, however, as yet, my feet have not become reinfected. Then, gradually, the yellow left my nails. They are now pink and thinner, though still with heavy white ridges. In fact, they now look like the photo in the accompanying leaflet with the blue tick next to them! To me, that's a vast improvement. More encouragingly, for the first time since my teens there is healthy new growth at the base of my nails. If this continues, I will have normal, healthy, toenails by this time next year.

I have high hopes, but am willing to be patient.
5353 comments|479 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
bought this @ the advice of a pharmacist..works ok..just remember to buy enough for at least 3 months..takes a while to completely get rid of nail problems..price about average..
on 15 November 2011
Fungal nails require persistence (6 months) to cure I'm told. This product is well presented, easy to use properly - nice little touches like tough disposable nailfiles that you can't (easily) replace in the dispenser & inadvisedly attempt to re-use.

I've used the stuff all up now & think it has done its job - looks like it - just got to keep using athletes foot cream (bought from the poundshop) to hopefully prevent regression (daily for 3 months as advised by GP).
on 2 November 2014
Good product. It has worked well to clear my moderate fungal nail infection.
on 6 June 2016
Unfortunately I had a nasty Big toe infection and so bought this in the hope it would help. It does state that their is a limit to what it can do and for me that limit was way below what I had hoped for. It made no difference, in fact I began to believe it was possibly making the infection worse, and yes I did follow the instructions as directed.
on 7 February 2012
I normally don't have time to write reviews, but feel compelled to do so for this product. I am quite amazed with the results I'm seeing after only 3 weeks of treatment! I've struggled with a nasty fungal nail infection on my toe for the last 5 years. I've tried 4 different medications and none of them managed to completely clear it. The reaction to this Scholl treatment is very impressive - the infected area had been consistently drying up and after filing it once a week for the last 3 weeks, it reduced already by about 60%. Although the treatment needs to continue for the next 8 months, the nail already looks nicer than at any point in the last 5 years. When applied to the nail, I feel a tingling sensation for a bit and this reassures me that the product does penetrate deep. I haven't experienced this with any other brand I tried before. I know the ultimate test will come in a while, when the infection hopefully disappears permanently, but I still give it 5 stars today, because no other product has had such a major effect so far.
33 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2015
I had given up on fungal nail treatments after years of trying various products, only to be disappointed. Scholl treatment, first of all, is easy to use. Not as fiddly and tedious as other products I have tried. And amazingly, for the first time, my infected nail looks nearly normal! I still have 8 months of applications to go, but I am delighted thus far! I would urge anyone who has tried other products unsuccessfully to give Scholl's a go.
on 10 February 2014
i have used this stuff before and it works. I have a fungal problem in 2 of my toenails and i need something that works pretty fast and well so i would recommend this.
on 14 July 2011
after just 1 month i can clearly see a difference, well cchuffed with this one, tried a few now and this was going to be my last attempt, so thank god its working :-)
44 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2016
I've used this product everyday for 3 moths and it works! Paint it on twice a day for 4 wks then once a day until the nail is free from infection. Comes with 4 emery boards to file the nail once a week for the first 4 weeks. My nail is completely better and will be completely back to normal once it grows out. It really works!