on 31 January 2006
Like many of my slightly more impulsive buys I saw this in a shop went home and bought it!
Now, I'll begin by being honest, I am a massive Judi Dench fan, and it would be very difficult for her to be involved in a project and me not like it, but having said that I adore this book!
It's full of photographs from Judi's own albums as well as those of her friends, giving you what feels like a very personal insight into her life. As well as giving freely of her photographs she donated her memories and thoughts and you can't help but be charmed by her honesty in writing about the photograhs, especially when writing about her now departed husband!
It is impossible for me to enthuse enough about this book, so I shall simply say that I adore this book and think it's wonderful and would recommend it to absolutely everyone!
on 15 May 2007
This book isn't really what you'd call an autobiography as some of the newspaper reviews etc indicate. It is basically a photo album of Judi's life, career etc. Its still a good book, but if you're into reading autobiogs you may be a little disappointed, as I was - I was really looking forward to reading all about her astounding career and life - never mind... I'll just have to look at the pictures instead.
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2009
A look at all the plays etc she has been in plus lots of photographs and about her and husband Michael Williams. Lots of funny titbits in it. I am glad I bought it. The photograph of her house is amazing.
on 11 May 2009
A pictorial revue of the life of this star. Easy to read and quite enjoyable
on 9 January 2013
This is a beautiful book, and for all those who enjoy Judi Dench it's a must. It was in fact bought as a birthday gift for a big fan and hopefully will add enjoyably to his collection.
on 6 June 2010
I felt this book gave more insight into Judi without too much of the sychophantic stuff of biographies. I'm a Judi fan so I'd like more of her and even less of the writer.
on 19 June 2011
Very attractive book but I would have preferred more of a read than what to me was more of a photo album - still a huge fan of Judi Dench though!
on 27 April 2011
I have really enjoyed this book. I love Judi Dench and it has been really interesting to get a better insite into her life.
on 21 November 2014
Great coffee table book! Beautiful photographs telling Judi's life in pictures. Recommended.
on 18 May 2009
I wanted this product to give as a gift for a friend. Amazon had it & the transaction was both simple & efficient.The book was very well wrapped & arrived in perfect condition & very efficiently.Thank you.