- Warning: Not suitable for children under 36 months
- Warning: Only for domestic use
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Scalextric 1:32 Scale Continental Sports Cars Race Set
|Price:||£59.94 FREE UK delivery.|
- The LMP and Pro GT Cars go head-to-head in this Scalextric Continental Sports Car Race Set
- Build four different track layouts with track provided
- Lap Counter included to add an extra dimension to racing as well as two speed settings
- Each hand controller has a two-position selector switch which allows the driver to choose slow or fast speed settings to reflect the driver’s experience
- Track length 484cm requiring 191cm x 132 cm space
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
Scalextric C1319 Continental Sports Cars 1:32 Scale Race Set
Check out the Amazon Hornby Shop for Scalextric tips and advice: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_85257073_2?ie=UTF8&doc...
2 Super resistant continental sports cars, 2 hand controllers, lap counter, 484cm of track
From the Manufacturer
Why Choose Scalextric?
Scalextric 1:32 scale sets conform to the standard for slot car racing around the world. With an extensive selection of highly detailed and super resistant slot cars, racing on high performance track, you can really sense the high octane world of slot car racing. Extend your racing experience with a wide range of additional track pieces and extension packs that can be bought separately, as well as track side accessories to create real theatre in your racing arena. Upgrade options to Scalextric Digital are available on many sets.
Scalextric Continental Sports Cars 1:32 Scale Race Set
An introduction to the exciting world of 1:32 scale slot racing, this set includes LMP and Pro GT cars, tough enough for full impact racing. You can build four different layouts with the track supplied, and this set also includes a lap counter for even more excitement.
Each hand controller has a two-position selector switch which allows the driver to choose slow or fast speed settings to reflect the driver’s experience. A sheet of decals is supplied with each car so that the car can be decorated with racing graphics. This set will be supplied with a UK transformer.
Replacing the Braid Plate on a Scalextric Car
If you find that one of your Scalextric vehicles is not steering correctly, it may mean that the braid plate is loose (this can be caused when vehicles are crashed together). In order to refit or replace the easy-fit braid plate on one your Scalextric vehicle, please follow the steps below to get your car up and running again:
1. Ensure the tail of the braids are facing towards the rear of the vehicle, not the front
2. Place the braid plate onto the rear of the blade
3. Pull the braid plate over the front of the blade
4. Sliding the plate onto the blade, ensure you push the plate until it clicks into position
Quick Guide to Scalextric Terminology
▪ Magnatraction: A magnet located in the chassis of the car generates increased downforce and better traction
▪ Super Resistant: More robust, durable cars, tough enough to withstand full impact racing
▪ 360 Guideblades: Allows for drifting and 360 spins
▪ Digital Chip Installed: Digital chip installed cars for use on digital track layouts
▪ Easy change pick-ups: Quick change braid plates designed to be changed at speed--to maintain your braids simply slide off and on
▪ Digital Plug Ready (DPR): No digital chip installed--DPR cars can quickly and easily be upgraded to work on a digital layout
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Track is easy to assemble/disassemble and will configure into 4 x alternative circuits including the popular figure 8. So long as you use the same scale, 1:32, you shouldn't have any problems adding extra track and other accessories.
In the box with the track are two plain race cars plus several sheets of small, fiddly transfers for you to apply. Achieving a perfect finish isn't easy. The stickers rip when you pull them off the backing strip and are hard to get 'just right'. Once on they look good and it's worth making an effort.
Although the cars feel quite light and plastic they fly around the track with a decent amount of traction and take no end of bumps without damage.
The set comes with two handsets, on the small side, each with a two position switch. Drive fast or slow depending upon your confidence. There's also a lap counter that counts down from 50. Useful for keeping tabs on races and adding to the excitement.
Along with the set are 4 additional brushes/braids which you will need as the cars are worn quite quickly. They're easy to change. In fact everything in the set is designed to be as easy and straightforward as possible to use. Makes it accessible to younger children. Has a 5+ age recommendation.
Great starter set. Comes packaged in a huge, bright box, quite heavy at approx 5 kg, and I can't imagine any enthusiast (young or old!) not being delighted on receipt. Has everything you need to get going. Simply unpack the pieces and get started.
Happy to recommend.
Highly recommended .
The White car is prone to drifting out and spinning off more than the silver blue one...but im very pleased with the set.
I bought the racing curve accessory C8203 to go with it, as only one track design makes the slots equal length without.
maybe put the faster car on the longer slot if you don't.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Prompt delivery, well packed, great fun for daddy and grandad too !Published 1 day ago by Happy camper
Great fun, but there was no adaptor in the package as promised. Also no easy way of contacting amazon to send one out, without packing the whole thing away and returning it...... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
GREAT TRACK WHICH IS EASY TO SET UP, SLIGHTLY TRICKIER TO UNLOCK THE PIECES DURING DISASSEMBLY. CONTROLLERS HAVE THE BENEFIT OF BEING ABLE TO RESTRICT THE POWER BY TURNING A LITTLE... Read morePublished 5 days ago by girraffe
Disappointing! Cars stop and brushes constantly need adjusting. One side of the spoiler snapped within half an hr of playing! Not worth the money!!Published 6 days ago by Mrs. L. A. Spinner
Opened this on my son's birthday and found a European two pin plug rather than an English plug. Went and bought an adaptor and found out that once plugged in the cars didn't work. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Penny Annesley
Great cars! Really fast! Super track! But it does not link with my old tracks and the cars are so weak! ! ! I returned the first one as the engine overheated and stopped working. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer