Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 9 March 2013
fantastic read, sarah has got to be one of the strongest people i know, to go through all that she has and come out the other side as such a amazing person is beyond me, you owe it to her to read her story,
on 22 May 2008
Sarah's Story managed to stir so many different emotions in me as the reader. It made me cry with heartfelt sorrow, it made me angry, it shocked and filled me with an overwhelming need for justice for Sarah and all the other abused children who's story we may not read but is just as real as Sarah's. Sarah's Story also managed to fill me with a sense of admiration at the courage shown by a little girl, who, against all odds, managed to find the courage to stop the abuse.

It is a truly inspirational story of how the wrong kind of love can destroy a child's life, and how the right kind of love can be instrumental in that child's recovery and freedom. If ever there was a story to inspire other abused children to have hope and strength, this is it.
on 18 February 2012
When i read this book, it shocked me how strong sarah was. Even at the age of 11 when it all went wrong, she came across as very mature for her age. and seemed to bring herself up, she had to learn the right and wrong by herself. I enjoyed this book, but hoped to read a longer book. I was curious to know about her happy memorys, her childhood, her siblings. and her relationships more. But this book is really just based on her abuse, and how she survived it and moved on with her life. She really is remarkable. I just wish i had more to read. Sarah if your reading this, you make me feel that you can survive abuse, and if you put all your stength and prayers togather you can get past the bad. I am proud of you. But i do think you should bring another book out. I do wonder if you ever questioned your mother.. or if you ever felt a need to get justice or answers
on 16 May 2016
I wish I had taken notice of the one star reviews I read for this book before buying it. The product description likens it to A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer but this book is nothing like his. Dave Pelzer was abused by one family member who was ill. She went on to abuse his brother Richard after Dave was taken into care. All this is believable, if possibly exaggerated in places, I don't know. However, Sarah's Story is NOT believable.

I downloaded the sample and I was interested because Sarah is about my age and I thought I would be able to relate to her. However, I am not yet halfway through the book and she has encountered THREE paedophiles - not a paedophile ring passing her around, but THREE, unrelated, independent paedophiles. I just don't believe that. What's more, the description of the sexual abuse is more like something you would read in a top shelf magazine than the memories of a traumatized victim. It is just so graphic, as if it has been written to shock.

If I am wrong about all this, then I am very sorry Sarah, I apologize unreservedly, but this book seems to me like someone has invented a childhood of abuse to cash in on the misery of children who are genuinely abused and brave enough to tell their stories, like Dave Pelzer. I will not be reading any more of Sarah's story. I am glad that I only paid a pound for it and I wish I had believed all the negative reviews, however, I recently read Dirty Old Man by Moll French which also had a lot of bad reviews and I loved that one, so I thought I would give Sarah's Story a chance. This time the negative reviewers were right!
on 13 April 2013
This book was a good read but broke my heart. I have two small girls myself and would do anything to protect them. Bit disappointed Sarah didn't tell the police about her father or Bill because neither of them got what they deserved which was a lonely death inside a prison. But I'm sue Sarah had her reasons. Such a strong lady. I'm so glad you've found happiness and is at rest with yourpast. Enjoy life x x x
on 18 March 2015
Unfortunately this type of thing happens all too often especially when parents care more about their own needs before that of their children, it would have been nice if her father could have shown some remorse for what he had done, did her mother not have any clue I find it hard to believe! I don't think i could have been as forgiving had it been me. I hope any one reading this either themselves or know of any one else with similar circumstances can gain the courage that Sarah eventually did,she is very brave.
on 9 May 2013
I could not put this book down until I finished it.What a courageous girl Sarah was and I am so happy after everything she went through as a child,her life has turned out so well.I am happy you have a wonderful husband and beautiful children.Enjoy your life yo the full.
on 29 July 2013
This book has given me so much strength, tips , confidentiality to look up to my childhood , I'm 13years of age and terrified of the outside world but this book has helped me think better and know that if it ever happens (thus has not happened to me) and even if it does I know not to keep it a secret, tell some one. I give this book 5 star for all the points I have made . I strongly recommend this book to people who have been through it who has the same feeling as me .
Thank you so much Sarah I really enjoyed this extraordinary book .
on 16 July 2013
I never know what to write, especially after reading about the pain of someone so young has gone through. Sarah's story is one that should never of happened, as a parent myself with a difficult upbringing, I can only hope by reading this story other people will look more closely at the adults around their children.
on 20 August 2013
How often have we heard this expression and yet it is still happening every day. We as human beings fail these children by not reporting the obvious.
How do 'victims' recover from their ordeals.
Sad, heartbreaking experiences recalled in this story.