Colour Name: Black|Size: 8GB|Change

on 20 April 2016
A very nice player with good sound but with some problems . When I first played an audio book this player decided to play track one of cd one followed by track one of cd two and so on . How pointlessly stupid is this? . It also decided to play tracks on a music cd in order 1 ,13 14 etc , weird and rather useless .( However I understand a firmware download can correct this) . Finally I bought this to replaced my old sandisk clip which is not recharging so well any more . The idea was to listen to my audible downloads , however the audible manager failed to connect . I'm in contact with sandisk and hope to resolve these problems since I really do otherwise like these players and don't want the hassle of a return .
on 24 April 2016
I have been after an MP3 player for ages, but didn't want to splash out on an expensive one, especially as my intention was to use it primarily when walking my dog. As is usual for me, I did a lot of research and finally settled on this model. I wanted one that had a display, so that I could see the albums playing, and this one fit the bill nicely.
It is a really handy size, very easy to slip into a pocket, but the clip on the back means that even when I don't have a pocket, I can attach it to whatever I'm wearing, which is great as I do prefer to take as little as possible with me when out on my walks. I have had a couple of instances where it's been in my pocket and I've knocked a button (putting my hands in my pocket without thinking) causing the track to restart - so the buttons are definitely responsive!
Downloading music is very easy - I just plug it into my laptop and drag and drop the albums that I want.
The volume control is a little fiddly on the side and it is annoying that I have to override the 'maximum volume' setting each time I turn it on, but I am used to this now, so always do it straight away.
It remembers which track was playing when it's been turned off, so that's handy too, but now I've listened to the albums several times, I've started using the random option, so I never know what's coming next! :-)
All in all, it does exactly what I need it too, and I am glad I didn't go for something more expensive. It's a good value little player.
on 3 August 2014
Excellent product. NOTE - if you go to the sandisk website and upload the latest firmware update you can then play tracks in the order they come, not just aphapbetical (which would have bugged me)
Colour Name: Black|Size: 4GB|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Out of the box and switched on, the first thing you are presented with is the 'Regional Settings' menu. If you like your music LOUD select either 'North America' or 'Rest of the World'. Select 'Europe' and the volume will be restricted due to EU regulations.

This is a tiny MP3 player (not too much bigger than the iPod Shuffle), it weighs next to nothing and it has a built-in clip. Transferring music onto it is simple - just connect it to your PC and drag and drop files onto it. One of the best features is that you can expand its capacity with a MicroSD card. I slotted a 128GB MicroSD card into it not sure if it would accept such a high capacity card but it did and within a couple of minutes I had approximately 800 CDs worth of music available to play.

Sound quality is superb - it goes way louder and sounds better and clearer than my Samsung MP3 player and the supplied earphones are OK too but not particularly comfortable. It has a number of pre-set EQ settings (Rock, Pop, Jazz etc.) and you can also custom set the EQ too. It's very easy to navigate using an LCD menu and a few simple buttons, displays (tiny) album artwork and you can shuffle and repeat tracks and set-up playlists. The FM radio works well with a surprisingly clear reception and you can pre-set stations. It has a sleep mode and there's also a timer and stopwatch in the 'Sports' folder with the option to save your logs. The battery lasts a reasonable 17-18 hours when playing 320kbps encoded MP3 files with the volume at approx 70%. When you switch it on it carries on from where you left off.

If you're in the market for a basic, small and affordable MP3 player this is well worth looking at and the fact that its capacity can be extended by a MicroSD card is a big selling point. The only real fault is that when this was first released there were two baffling flaws - album tracks played in alphabetical order and there was no Lock button. However, a firmware update available from the Sandisk website fixes both problems. All you have to do is download an 'upgrade.hex' file (follow link in comment for full details) onto your PC and then drag and drop it into the player's Root folder. Once done, tracks play in the correct order and the Lock button works.
66 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2015
I have been using mine now for over 6 months. It stopped working about month ago. There was nothing on the screen. I was on the verge of dumping it but then I look for help on the internet. I left the player on charge and then had to reset a few times and it came back to life. See http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/188/~/resetting-a-sansa-player on how to reset it. I have found the sound quality very good when using quality headphones. The battery life is excellent and has a hand lock button
I use my player for listening to downloaded BBC radio podcasts so the resume play is useful. Ensure you have updated your player when the latest firmware.
on 16 July 2015
Previous SanDisk models worked fine but this one has been a joke for me. After a month (just after the returns window ran out) it started crashing. Now after charging the screen continues to read "CHARGING..." and the device will not turn on (even when nowhere near a device that could possibly charge it). Attached photos show it "charging" on the kitchen floor and on the work top.
review image review image
on 24 November 2015
Been couple of years since I had them and they work beautifully. Yes it is a bit plastic-ky and the buttons feel cheap but for this price and quality of audio delivered its fantastic. If you combine these with a decent headphone and tweak the equaliser a tiny bit, you will realise that this product is fabulous. Leaving them on default equaliser makes the sound very flat and a bit weird but a tiny tweak and it comes out alive.

To lock the device, just press the back button for a couple of seconds and its locked. No more mistaken changing in songs.
My gripe - The random setting is very odd as the sequence of songs is not very random everytime you turn it off and on again. IF you are a casual listener listening for around 30 mins when you make a commute u will have to change songs manually as a lot of repeat can take place.
on 17 July 2015
Where to begin with this one.?

I have been SanDisk daft were since the early clips days. SanDisk where my goto manufacture for mp3 players for years. In fact I loved them so much that every time the released an upgrade I would but more than one.

Now with the release of the Sport all that good will has gone. While the previous models where all a little quirky, they did at least work.

Here is a brief list of problems (and before SanDisk get on my case, this was all with the latest firmware 1.25)

1) Album Art…..i was hoping with a bigger screen I would get bigger album art. What's the point of putting a bigger screen on this thing if you only show album art as a thumbnail in the middle?

2) SD Card… did not seem to recognize audio on the external sd card. I could navigate and play it via the folder menu, but the music and audiobook sections seem not to know the sd card exits. I spent hours uploading my music collection the sd card via the Sport. Turned it on. And this first thing is says is “No Music Found”. If you buy this thing you will see this message alot!

3) For some reason it would reset every so often and ask me to set the default language again? (A crash?)

4) The buttons seem unresponsive (see below)

All these problems are to do this the hardware. Although the sports looks like earlier models, internal it is completely different. They have changed the main processor for something that's quite frankly is not up to the job. Sure it gets better battery life, but at what cost? Looking around the net I found all the older players uses a AS3525 which is a RISC processor with 320K of ram (the ram is the issue here). This is what makes the older versions rockbox compatible. The new processor has only 88K ram (now I see why it can’t render album art correctly, my album art won’t fit into 88K)

What this means to you is that all the work done on the previous versions of the OS/firmware were thrown away, and they had to start from scratch with this product, and it shows!
on 16 March 2016
Bought this as a replacement for an iPod shuffle I use for the gym. Initially it seemed OK, the volume was generally very low and always stops and warns me about volume levels before I can set it to a reasonable volume. The real problem is that it after about 40 minutes, it can lock up, refusing to respond to anything except turning off and on. It's now also developed a fault where the volume moves automatically to zero, as if the volume down button was sticking.
I could live with this if it was reliable, even if it isn't that great but the problems I'm having make it too unreliable and I might have to look at yet another alternative.
on 26 June 2016
I bought this for my son couple of months ago and he is using it a lot since then. Below is his review.
"I have had this for over 3 months

I originally thought of getting a iPod shuffle (like my sister did) but I thought it would be better to get one with a screen so I can choose my music without breaking the buttons ,flicking over more than 300 songs. So I browsed some other mp3 players and found the Sandisk Clip Sport.

The MP3 player has a lots of useful settings , such as the power saver, the sleep and the hibernate options which I found useful because I forget to turn things off after use , also the screen brightness can be changed which is also useful since I like to have the brightness to the lowest level.

If you have over 8GB (which is the highest storage capacity on it) of music it's no problem ,just grab a SD card and insert into the slot on the side which I guess not many MP3 players have.

Putting music onto it isn't more simpler, just plug it in and drag and drop your music onto it !
Don't get too chuffed about the display, the screen is about 5cm in width a and length so the
Album cover is a little grainy when it's on the screen

The FM radio has surprisingly good reception and presets so im very happy since I listen to BBC radio 1 and capital."

My son is very happy with it so far and I think this is well worth the price (around £30).
Hope this review is helpful at least a little bit :)