3,276
Size: 32GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£11.97+ Free shipping

on 13 May 2013
I bought this as an upgrade for my 3DS XL to replace the standard 4gb (class 4) card that comes with it.

I considered a lot of different SDHC cards from various brands, but settled on this one due to the large numbers of positive reviews and the good price/performance ratio.

The card seems to work perfectly so far. I copied all the data from my old SD card to this one using the Kingston USB 3 Multi Card Reader and after putting it in my 3DS XL I could just pick up where I left off without issue. So far I haven't found any problems with reading from or writing to the card.

The only thing that was a bit underwhelming was the speed. While the SanDisk Ultra is still faster than the class 4 Samsung card that is included with a 3DS XL on purchase, the difference is less noticeable than I was expecting from a Class 10 card, often only resulting in very minor reductions in loading times.

That's only a minor gripe for me, as my main objectives were to increase storage space and get a card that works (and continues to work) and this card seems to have achieved both, though how durable and reliable the card will be in the long run is yet unknown. Given the warranty on these cards though, I'm reasonably positive.
on 3 July 2012
The Class 10 16GB SD at 30MB/s is good for almost all amateur cameras. It works great with my D7000 as a secondary card for JPG and HD videos, to the UHS-I SD 16GB Extreme Pro at 45MB/s.

Since the write speeds are good for both these cards, I do not have to worry about the buffer overflow in Continuos shooting, with both these, I can take 20 in RAW and JPG.

I would recommend the SD 16GB Extreme Pro at 95MB/s for Sports or Action Photography.
44 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2012
After realising I needed something bigger than my current 8Gb card for my DSLR, I started looking around for 64Gb cards at a high read/write speed of at least 20Mb/s. I found a lot of these cards were expensive, 32Gb cards were asking for around £40 and above and the cheapest 64Gb cards were well above that, apart from Play.com where this card was going cheap. Pleasantly surprised but knowing it's always better to shop around, I compared the card on Play to the card on Amazon and found Amazon to be a few quid cheaper. The product itself is excellent, recording full 1080p HD video at 25fps from my DSLR with absolutely no problems for long periods of time. Fully recommended and at value I cannot find anywhere else.
66 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2014
Unfortunately I've had a bad experience with this particular SD card. Whilst at a wedding photographing, the SD card was not allowing me to playback the images and then the camera said "no image". It initially showed that 5gb had been used on the camera and on the Mac; when tried in a different computer it said that there was nothing on the card at all and maintained this on other devices. Luckily I was able to recover the images via recovery software. However, in a professional environment I require reliability. I usually use Sandisk Extreme cards, but thought I'll give the Ultra a test; fair to say I won't be purchasing another one and this particular one will be going back.
on 26 July 2012
Firstly, this is an SDXC card thus you need a card reader (whether built-in a laptop/desktop, etc.) or device (camera, music player, etc.) compatible with it. For some readers there may be a firmware update to bring SDXC support but that is rare. If it does not work - it's likely your hardware does not support SDXC.

Performance Test: 38-40MB/s read (sequential, sustained), 10-12MB/s write (sequential, sustained) - thus meets Class 10 rating (10MB/s write sustained).

Should this qualify for the "Ultra" name/moniker though? I would expect somewhat faster write speed for an "Ultra", there are many class 10 cards out there. (I do have an 32GB HP class 10 card that outperforms this one for example)

I do have an issue with the "30MB/s* transfer speed" displayed on the card; some people might think it means 30MB/s for both read and write! I personally find that somewhat misleading, why not write "30MB/s read, 10MB/s write"? Transfer is not just read from but also write.

OK, it does say "class 10" but since there are no higher SD speed classes even knowledgeable people may think it exceeds class 10 rating and writes far faster than 10MB/s.

All being said, SanDisk have always been reliable for me, performance meets or exceeds rating and price is now competitive thus overall I think it still deserves top marks.
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2012
Bought this card to use in Canon EOS 450D. Had previously bought 'cheap' cards but just tried this. In comparison, it is so fast and has loads of space (nearly space for 3000 photo's on the Canon). A bargain for a tenner! Am going to order another one or two for my Canon Ixus...
on 29 July 2013
I shoot with a Canon 600D and while using this card I found that the camera automatically stopped recording several times due to the fact that the SD card was not fast enough to keep up. The (so claimed) 30mb/s speed is fast enough most of the time when using a DSLR but it does still stop every so often, so if you are shooting with a Canon DSLR I think I'd recommend going for the 'Extreme 45mb/s' card which right now is about £14 more.

I shoot weddings and a fellow cameraman who also bought this card has the same problem (He shoots with a 600D as well) and in our line of business we can't risk missing something important because the camera automatically stops recording. I must clarify, the card does not stop all that often but it is a problem worth noting.
on 28 July 2012
I bought this for my newly acquired Canon 550D. It was a fantastic price and arrived in a couple of days. No issues buffering with footage and plenty of room for high quality videos and photos. Brilliant!
on 22 May 2012
I got this card when it was £25, thought it was a bargain! Purely based on the brand name, reliability etc. I also have the Extreme version. That too is a brilliant card. This card has gone down in price even more since my purchase.

I use it with my Sony A65 DSLR/T for both video and stills capture. I shoot RAW. Have had it for some weeks now and there has been no issue with read/write speeds whatsoever. Therefore totally recommend as it has no trouble capturing RAW stills or shooting in 1080/HD. 5 stars from me.
on 6 January 2013
The product description states that it transfers data at 30 MB/s with a caveat that write speeds might be slower. I did a test using a set-up with a SSD and a USB3 card reader (ie top spec stuff) and for reads it did max at 40 MB/s whereas for writes it a max of 12 MB/s. This is a LOT SLOWER than 30 MB/s. For use in camera or video recording equipment, the write speed is the most important so whilst the statement is true, it is misleading.
However, for use in a consumer spec. camera, these speeds are more than adequate. In the Nikon D5100 it managed to record video at its highest resolution (1920x1080; 25fps; high quality) without dropping frames for it maximum burst rate of 20 minutes.