on 12 February 2012
Disappointed with write speed, was only getting 4MB/Sec copying photos.
Construction is on the cheap side.

So good for cheap bulk storage. More aptly called SanDisk Budget.
on 1 April 2012
This is not a amazon problem but sandisk issue i have a 8gb cruzer micro and thought i would upgrade for bigger files but when copying to it i am getting 2.6 m/bs using windows vista or windows 7.

My cruzer micro is 10m/bs. i contacted sandisk and all they said was its normal buy an extreme version they were not bothered.

it works but very slowly

so be warned.!!!SanDisk Cruzer Slice 16GB USB Flash Drive
on 21 June 2012
I purchased one of SanDisks Cruzer Slice 32GB USB Flash Drives in late February 2012.
I used it a few times to transfer some files from my own computer to my girlfriend's laptop. A day in May the same year it locked up saying the device was now write protected and would not allow me to edit or delete files currently saved on it nor add files to it. It also would not let me format the device.
After being informed by Amazon that because I had had the device over one month I could not get a replacement through them but had to contact SanDisk personally. After a few emails back and fourth with SanDisk I was informed I needed to send the device back to them in the Czech Republic using tracked airmail and pay for it myself. I have now done this at a further expense of nearly £7.00.
Just a little warning to anybody planning on purchasing one of this drives. They are unstable and if you get a faulty one it may cost you even more to get it replaced.
1010 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2012
I wasn't looking for a new memory stick but a friend phoned me to tell me about a cheap 64 GIG stick he had found on [...], a lesser known brand. I did a quick search on Amazon and found this little beauty lol which was actually cheaper then my friends. Excellent service from My Memory as always, thanks guys.
on 11 January 2012
I wanted a 32GB pendrive for big video files and this was on offer. Didn't know that FAT32 formatted drives can't handle bigger than 4GB files - no problem, this can be reformatted to NFTS. However, the transfer speed is VERY slow - 5 minutes per GB. This compares to 2 minutes 10 seconds on an old Traxdata 4GB. I also have an 8GB Sandisk cruzer micro somewhere which I think is faster than this Cruzer Slice.

Bottom line: If you like the price and don't need fast transfer times this drive is a good deal (if still reduced from £90 to £27.99) but if you're planning to use it for daily backups or frequent writing/rewriting....maybe not.
on 5 January 2013
Bought this again for a tv however it is a bit large for the purpose as my tv usb ports are in an angled recess it fits but I feel there may strains placed on both connections due to the angles involved, I now use it for document photos etc for that i cannot fault it, and the connection retracts into the body for safety and when in use the red light on the body is clearly visible.
on 21 July 2012
My son is moving up to secondary school in september and one of the requirements is one of these - looked for something that would last and withstand many elements not just a bag being thrown to the ground and this fits all the boxes. Excellent communication from seller and good delivery service - certainly recommend for the actual item, price and overall ease of buying.
on 16 January 2011
Bought a 4gb sandisk cruzer usb. disaster. not recognised by some computers but is by others. it is apparently a common problem with sandisk usbs. also it is a BIG usb drive and if your usb ports are layed out horizontally, u will need to have the one next to it empty as its very wide.
on 29 December 2012
This is the second one of these I have bought. I was very impressed with the first one, so naturally when you find something that works well for a good price, then you buy it again. Its well made, and folds up neatly. It gets used a lot to transfer data from my PC to a laptop. Never had a problem with it, so can recommend it as a very good buy.
on 11 April 2011
I was fortunate enough to get one of these free when I bought my 1TB Seagate External HDD from Argos. I use it primarily as a memory card for my Xbox 360. I was doing the washing the other day, and put the washing machine on a 40 degree 1400 spin cycle, to my horror I couldn't remember where I put my trusty flash. To my surprise, I went outside to the washing line, checked my trouser pockets and there was my flash drive. It had just been subdued to a "40 degree celcius 1400 spin cycle in the washing machine" for 50 minutes! I thought my flash was damaged until I put it into my Xbox 360 and the light inside started to flash. I am now using it as I speak to transfer my Oblivion save files to my laptop. I am giving this little fellow 10 out 10 for build quality and being sustained to the rigours of a spin cycle and coming out smelling of "roses". Thanks Sandisk for saving my save files. I would recommend this item 100%.