Samsung 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
|Price:||£43.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£16.96 (28%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- 2.5" Hard Drive
- Hard Drive Capacity: 1000 GB
- Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Samsung/Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch 5400RPM SATA II Hard Disk Drive
1 x Samsung/Seagate 2.5" Internal Hard Drive
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE 28TH NOVEMBER 2013. Here is a link that gives instructions on the Official Sony UK PlayStation website to download and then initialise your PS4 after replacing the Hard Drive. Within these instructions is a link with the name 'DOWNLOAD NOW', this will download the system software update file (1.51), which you will need for your UK PlayStation 4 after replacing the hard drive (859MB - PS4UPDATE.PUP):
I am purchasing this Hard Drive to upgrade the 500GB that comes with the Sony PlayStation 4 console released on 29th November 2013 in the UK.
I phoned Sony PlayStation customer services yesterday to check whether this HD was compatible with the new PS4, and although they cannot as yet officially confirm that it is, they did tell me that all the product details fit the requirements of a PS4 replacement HD as indicated in the US PS4 Ultimate FAQ document, i.e.
Memory capacity higher than 160GB
One important thing to remember however is to make sure you have the 1.51 system software update file on a USB stick downloaded from the UK Sony PlayStation website, and NOT the US 1.51 system software file currently available on the US Sony PlayStation website. The UK 1.51 file is not currently available until 29th November 2013, once the UK PlayStation 4 console is released. The 1.51 system software update file will then be available on Official European Sony PlayStation websites.
Again, important NOT to download the US 1.51 system software file if you have a UK PlayStation.
Also remember after downloading the 1.51 system software update file (PS4UPDATE.Read more ›
If you're using it for game consoles (as numerous reviews here indicate), the performance should be more than adequate but if you have applications that take advantage of 1TB storage drive's responsiveness (short of SDD drive, that is), then you may have to look for 7200RPM drives such as Hitachi Travelstar model HTS721010A9E630.
There is nothing wrong with this drive as such but doesn't qualify for the top end of 1TB HDD 2.5" league table despite the fact that some reviews here indicate otherwise. I could only come to this conclusion by trying it first-hand and now I've opted for Hitachi Travelstar.
Here's what I did and I'm not particularly a computer techy but have a reasonable amount of knowledge though it's definitely not necessary.
Firstly, you'll need the following:
* Your PS4, with gamepad and microUSB charge cable
* A medium Philips screwdriver
* This hard drive or similar 2.5" drive
* A 1GB or greater USB flash drive (to reinstall the PS4’s system software)
Follow this link to install the PS4 software onto the memory stick.
* Turn off PS4 fully, not into rest mode but off completely and unplug everything
* With the PS4 facing you on a stable surface, slide off shiny part of the console cover to the left
* Once removed, the bottom left corner is the hard drive in a housing.
* Unscrew the one single screw nearest to the bottom left corner of the console.
* Slide out gently, the hard drive housing which is
attached to the hard drive, towards you.
* On the sides of the housing once removed from the console, there are 4 dark grey screws. Unscrew all these and slide the hard drive out of the housing.
* Slide new hard drive into the housing and replace the four screws.
* Slide housing containing new hard drive back into the console slot
* Replace the first screw taken out at the start of this process.
* Replace console cover.
Plug all cables back in and get ready for first switch on.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Samsung works perfectly. My laptop is getting old, and the laptop is the issue. The Samsung drive is perfect. I would recommend it to anyone.Published 22 days ago by John L.
The product was not compatible with my PS4, despite what the reviews said, but the service and response from the company was beyond satisfactory. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
I ordered this as I was running out of space on my PS4 after downloading games from the Xmas sales in the PSN store. Read morePublished 27 days ago by LK
got this as i filled my gaming rig drive up with games ect. currently unemployed due to being hit by a car so needed something cheap...not a bad drive nice and slim to hide. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer