TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 June 2014
This is the updated model to the WB250, minor changes here not dramatic. The hand grip is gone on the previous model, replaced with a "pleather" (pretend leather) texture. The main appeal of this type of camera is how you can connect to other devices, making sharing photos and videos quite simple. Hence the "smart" title. Samsung have really embraced this aspect, more so than many makers.

NOTE: The camera uses micro SD cards not normal ones (bear this in mind)

My summary of some good and bad points about the camera

Pros:
+ Good price for a fairly well featured compact, excellent value
+ Handy 21x zoom range 23 - 483mm equivalent in 35mm, that's a nice wide angle and a good telephoto reach
+ 3" 460K touch screen control on the LCD panel it's quite good visibility wise and responds with good accuracy to touches (touch to focus and menus)
+ Image quality is pretty good in daylight fairly sharp images suitable for reasonable sized prints better than many compacts in this price point
+ Fully loaded with connectivity NFC, and wifi with apps available to download (iOS and Android)
+ Battery life isn't bad about 280-300 shots on average
+ Full manual controls on the mode dial (PASM) Max shutter speed of 16 seconds in M Mode (not bad for night shots)
+ Full HD video quality is quite sharp and decent for a compact

Cons:
- Micro SD, normal SD cards would be better
- Images in low light are a bit "mushy" I would avoid the highest ISO 1600 setting, though can get away with smaller prints
- Photos can blow out in the highlight end (white out sky effect) dial in a bit of - negative exposure compensation to help here
- LCD hard to see in harsh lighting
- Battery charged in camera (via USB port) probably a non issue for most, you can pick up an external charger

Additional notes:
Flash pops up on the top part of the camera, though re-charge times are not super fast but adequate.
Metering and white balance are ok most times, but you might want to dial it back a bit in harder light

You have your usual selection of tons of auto effects and filters to play around with. Images out of the camera are quite sharp and in good light better than many rivals at this keen price point. I personally find Samsung's default values a bit "pumped" and contrasty for my own tastes, but you can adjust this in camera to suit your own needs.

Samsung Smart Camera App can be downloaded and you can control the camera via that and auto share (facebook and other sites). They even have a baby monitor app so you can use the camera to send an alarm to your phone or tablet if the baby is crying.

Personally I don't need all these features, but you might..so it's there if you want it.
A nicely made, easy to use and well featured camera, if you want decent images, a good zoom range and desire the NFC and wifi aspects, then the WB350F is a good buy, Samsung have really improved a lot in recent years and this is one of their better efforts
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This camera is pretty good for anyone looking for a point and shoot which is of a manageable size and easily carried around in a bag or a pocket. It's weight isn't too bad although it feels a little heavier than many compact cameras I have tried. When I weighed it without the battery or memory card it came to 217g.

The screen is of a good size at 3 inches. It is also a touchscreen. You can either use the touchscreen or if you are more traditional in approach, all the traditional functions are also there!

The wifi ability gives the average user lots of options. It is possible to put photos into the likes of facebook etc through the use of local wifi connections. It is also possible to email pictures to an email address. The touchscreen has a qwerty keypad to make this easy. Photos can also be wirelessly backed up.

The photos produced are generally really good quality. I don't think this camera will ever produce professional results, but the images in daylight are better than most compact cameras, and if you are used to using compact cameras and are looking to upgrade, this is probably one of the better ones out there. It's absolutely ideal for family holidays, everyday usage etc.

Points to make are:
* you need to get a micro SD card to use in this camera
* In low light, ISO 400 is absolutely fine. ISO 800 is very slightly grainy. Anything above this I would avoid as image quality isn't so great.

So in general, of you are using this camera in good light normally (I.e, in the daytime) you will get really good results. Low light photography - if this is going to be needed a lot I think it's worth looking around as the higher ISO levels are not so good.

Recommended for everyday, portable usage.
on 14 September 2014
A smart, compact camera with excellent functionality. This camera is great for close up photography and has an unbelievable zoom capacity for clear images. I am hugely impressed at the options available and despite a slight delay when zooming I cannot fault this for an all rounder. This compact delivers more capability than some DSLR's. Its great.
We spent 3 weeks on safari and got brilliant images... highly recommended,
on 6 September 2014
This camera delivers good all-round performance and meets the needs of the average "home photographer" perfectly, and even the aspiring amateur photographer will be quite satisfied with this as it has lots of features to tweak and can deliver near-professional quality shots in the right hands. It even records good quality 1080p video! Most importantly, the price is excellent! I can assure you that there are equivalent models by other companies being sold for double the price of this one, and the people who buy them aren't being ripped off either! If you want bang for your buck, you are going to be very happy with this, as it combines a very reasonable price with good build quality, good battery life, and good image quality, all of which are usually sacrificed on "cheap" cameras, which I have been stung by - they cost nearly as much as this, but aren't even 10% as good. Unless it's just something for the kids to muck around with, don't waste your money.

Get this.
on 1 August 2014
Great camera- Thought it may have been bad graphics as they focussed on wifi- but great shots- easy to use, easy and versatile camera and WIFI makes it even more useful!
on 20 August 2014
Still learning about all the functions but loving the moving panorama option in playback. I agree with previous reviewers that the viewfinder is total rubbish in bright conditions but, hey, I'm smart enough to point the camera in the general direction and can always crop etc later on - really liking the editing options, too. For anyone wanting to update their compact camera this would be a good choice.
on 28 December 2014
I really loved this camera, however, I had problems connecting it to my PC.

The software for this camera is installed from the camera itself - You plug it into the PC and the computer installs the software thinking it's a removable drive. The software includes a firmware update facility, a media browser and, for me the most important, a wireless backup facility enabling you to wirelessly transfer the photos from the camera to the PC.

Initially, the software installed fine. One shortcoming I discovered was that the camera would only transfer photos to a local drive. I couldn't save photos to a networked drive even though the 'my documents' folder was pointing to my file server.

After a couple of weeks the wireless transfer stopped working. I attempted to re-install but the camera wasn't recognised by my Windows 8.1 Pro operating system. A factory reset of the camera and computer didn't help so I called Samsung technical support.

The Samsung techs I spoke to didn't seem to have much of a clue regarding connectivity and after several calls (and a few promised call backs that never happened) they eventually came up with 'Your computer must be broken'. I explained that every other peripheral was OK but that was, I was told, irrelevant.

Eventually, Samsung said that they could not help me any further as this camera was purchased from an Amazon Marketplace trader and grey imports (with this being a U.S. model) was not supported.

I really like this camera and so badly wanted it to work. As a point and shoot device it gave me some very good results both in day and night. However, with my inability to get it to talk to my PC I returned it to Amazon who, very quickly, gave me a full refund.
on 13 August 2014
This is the second Samsung smart camera I have purchased recently (WB800F bought a couple of months ago). I really like the smart functions of the Samsung cameras and I am very pleased with the WB350F, it has all the features needed to send photos to my iPhone/ipad etc. The pictures are good quality.
on 9 October 2014
Love it, I am very impressed with my new camera. It is easy to use and just perfect for me as I'm not an expert on
cameras and just need one that isn't complicated. Great photos and easy transfer to internet.
on 4 June 2014
A camera that is so much more than a camera. Do take time to download Samsung's online User Guide. The index is found by scrolling down to pages 166 & 167, Have the pages open whilst you explore your new camera and how to make use the amazing range of what you can do with this piece of equipment. Oh! it's also an absolutely fantastic camera and well worth the money even if you pay full price,(not something I say very often) .