on 3 July 2014
This TV is simply amazing. I'm still amazed it cost me £379.99 which in my eyes is an absolute steal.

I now have my Xbox One running through the TV and it shows games brilliantly. There is a game mode you can turn on however, I noticed that the picture quality was better with that function turned off.

It suits my needs perfectly, I didn't need a Smart TV because my Xbox One does all of that for me and for an added bonus I can switch between 2D and 3D whenever I like.

The picture quality is fantastic and it was simple to set up. What more could you want?
on 21 May 2014
upgraded from my 32 samsung tv which i bought 5 years ago! for the price, you dont get much better than this, the picture is amazing when the right media is played through it. Even the not so great is amplified ie iplayer live.
on 20 July 2013
Pros - Decent 2D and excellent 3D picture, no problems with HD (SD is as you would expect - terrible)
Very good sound
Nice design and stand

Cons - Nasty clouding on all four corners of the picture, especially with a white background
Backlight bleeding prominent in dark scenes, especially with lights off

Shame really, because I love the Samsung active 3D, however, I cannot live with the clouding in a well lit room, or the bleeding in a darkened room.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 September 2014
Good value, good quality, feature packed, super slimline. The fact that it came with two 3D glasses was even better. There aren't many 40 inch TV's out there, and I'm glad I got mine before they started to be discontinued. The HD picture quality is amazing. 3D is also very good, but not as good as Sony's. I had to adjust the settings to be less sharp in the motion smoothness because the movies were looking like TV programs. So you lose a bit of 3D definition but your movie looks like being at the cinema again rather than watching a soap Opera. It took me about half a day of experimenting with the settings until I was satisfied with the motion smoothness for different types of functions. For the TV watching I left it with the factory settings, for Blu ray and Blu ray 3D I turned the correction down a bit. I googled various tech forums to find out about user suggested adjustments.

The smart internet functions for watching on demand are a massive bonus. I use the Netflix and Amazon PIV apps regularly and the likes of 4OD and BBC iPlayer are great to have too. There's lots of other apps but I find using my iPad for other browsing stuff much better and faster. Not a fan of checking twitter or online shopping via the TV screen!

The replacement or additional 3D glasses are not expensive at all so I bought an extra two for when there's people round to watch movies.
on 27 March 2014
This TV is a great product for the price, the HD is so clear I almost thought I was watching a B Movie! The 3D is great for all types of viewing including sport, movies, nature programmes and performances.

I can highly recommend it if you're looking for a 3D TV at an affordable price.
on 10 September 2013
It took me nearly two years to finally decide on which tv to get. In my opinion this is a winner and I am so glad I took my time. I knew what i wanted, i wanted led tv, that has active 3D and smart functions. Unfortunately, they cost money. This particular model is much cheaper but only because it has no Wifi and therefore not smart. However, i happen to stumble into a 3D blu ray player that enable you to connect online and therefor see youtube, BBCi, etc. and so i decided to buy that player along with this tv at a much cheaper price. Very happy with both of them, they work like a treat and lucky for me, i don't see any of this problem that others(not many) seem to be having. HD pictures are just divine and 3D is just as vivid and amazing (depending on the film make). The sound is great too. I am only using the sound that comes with the tv and set it to movie sound... it's almost like i have a surround sound cinema. Wonderful and very happy indeed. Only had the tv and player for two weeks but use it daily and so far , great. If i don't repost any more review about this then it means i continue to be content with it. Good luck.
on 28 November 2013
I purchased this tv after a fair amount of research of "professional" reviewers who recommended it's quality as good value for it's not inconsiderable cost.
I can only say that, despite much time invested in manipulating and adjusting the settings in various permutations, the picture quality just never even equals that of my daughter's older LG tv, (we both access SKY tv). It's not that the Samsung is poor, but whether viewing in HD or non-HD format, the LG's picture quality is better, and really noticably so, - it's clearer, crisper, sharper, more brilliant. Being supposedly "state of the art", I expected better from my Samsung.
on 16 September 2013
I bought this tv based on the reviews I read on Amazon. It's superb, a great buy and such a fantastic picture. I can't fault it in anyway. The 3D is brilliant so is the sound although I will be connecting it to a sound bar. I'm not in any way a gadget person but have friends who are, I was advised to buy this instead of the smart TVs that are more expensive. If you have an iPad e everything can be used to control the tv from your pad. If you haven't we'll buy it anyway as its a great tv and for the price good value. Delivery was before date stated, packing was good. Faultless in every department. Stop waiting and thinking about it and order one today you won't regret it.
on 17 April 2014
I have had this since christmas now and the picture quality is excellent for the price. Recommended if you just want a 32" and have Sky, Virgin, TalkTalk or any modern games console so don't need to pay extra for the smart features.
on 29 September 2013
Using this product now - Our two children love it, and so do we. It was nice and easy to set up and the basic picture is mostly very good. (Haven't tried watching any HD or 3D content yet, but I am sure we won't be disappointed when we do)! Samsung make very good TV's, in my considered opinion. You can change and tweak all the settings easily from the remote handset, (such as colour saturation, picture sharpness, etc.), which makes configuration of everything a breeze.
The same thing applied when I connectected and set up the Panasonic Blu ray player which I also bought, also from Amazon, to use with the TV
So far, I am really happy with this product, and can't fault it in any way. I've got my money's worth with this, and Amazon took care of everything super quickly and super efficiently, the same as they always do. I do almost ALL of my online shopping with Amazon these days, because they always deliver and they always ensure that you are happy with their services!