on 5 April 2013
Although this monitor is fairly cheap for what it is, its performance is very poor.

Despite the "Right Angle" option, the viewing angle is critical and it is almost impossible to get a viewing position that doesn't compromise part of the screen. Don't even consider it if you want to do anything with graphics. It is particularly bad when operating in a portrait orientation.

In addition, the VGA input is of poor quality (DVI-D is okay). I have a reasonably long run from my PC (with high quality cable), which my previous (Dell) monitor displayed absolutely fine. But the electrical termination on this Samsung introduced severe smearing.
on 2 February 2015
Colour reproduction is awful on these panels (they are TN not IPS panels at the end of the day) . I just took them off the desk of a college of mine that left as I wanted bigger monitors. I will probably go back to my old ones to be honest. If you do ANY kind of design work at all just stay well clear, they are awful for photoshop and frankly reading code isn't exactly stellar either. Just cheap and nasty. Build quality is decent for the price so are the other specs to be honest but the colour reproduction is just horrid and thats what you look at is the picture so 1 star for me.
on 13 March 2014
I had a previous model of this which was 4 years old and wanted a 2nd screen, so bought one of these. The display is very crisp with superb colours. It made my older version look dull (although I had previously been quite happy with it!). So I bought another one!

I now have a matching pair of these on a Windows 8 PC. They work fine. No setup required - just plug in. One uses a VGA connection and the other a DVI connection. There is no noticeable difference.
on 17 May 2014
Very nice screen that adjusts fully. I needed a screen that adjusted tall most to the desk as I am quite short and this is perfect.
on 24 December 2013
It took me 3 attempts to find the format I needed. The first were 1920 x 1080 wide screen. completely unsuitable for my SLR pics but the Samsung S24C450 is perfect. Picture clarity is outstanding and the monitor adjustability is very good - tilt, swivel and vertical
adjustment is easy and smooth. I diregarded the "knockers" and am very pleased I did!
on 27 October 2014
Good quality picture for e.g. Photoshop image work.