Style Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 2|Colour Name: White|Change

on 18 December 2013
So after reading some of the comments left here I was a bit reluctant but as the item was under promotion (about 10£ with P&P) I thought I'd give it a go. For starters it took around 2,5 weeks until delivery so I was not amazed. There are lots of counterfeit samsung products (cases, adapters, chargers, etc) so I searched how to spot a fake HDMI adapter. As soon as I received the package I took it out of the box to try it out. Good building quality, nice plastics and the connector cable was on the right handside of the adapter (whereas on the fake ones it is centered on the plastic piece). So genuine piece of Samsung. In order for it to work you must connect the adapter to your charger and the HDMI adapter and then connect it to your phone. If everything goes as expected you should see your phone screen mirrored on your TV. Audio and Video are passed through the adapter so it is really an efficient piece of kit ! When going out for the weekends I no longer need to take my laptop to display movies/photos/songs because all the apps will be mirrored from my S3 LTE (GT-i9305) onto my TV. It will also suit that powerpoint presentation you have on your phone and want to share with a whole room. Works great. Would recommend to anyone who owns an S3.
on 12 June 2013
worked brilliantly initially, but after only a very short time it stopped working, i did a few internet searches and it a common fault, i recommend to stay away, not the sellers fault, just a crappy samsung product
on 16 March 2013
The internals broke after a couple of uses, clearly not an official Samsung product.

I would recommend buying something like this from Samsung direct.
on 15 June 2014
Bought this for my Panasonic Plasma G30 & Galaxy S3....works perfect. Easy to connect, charger into adapter, HDMI into adapter and then connect adapter to phone. My TV recognises it straight away and is extremely responsive. Works on films I've downloaded and all shown in HD and in full screen. Playing Angry Birds as well, a little strange but still works fine and looks amazing. You need a long HDMI cable as adapter is short, that's the only minor criticism I have. Delivery was quick and it was package well.
on 12 July 2012
Does exactly like it should when combined with your phone charger and an HDMI cable. Displays in both portrait and landscape. Excellent product. Deserves 5 stars
on 24 August 2013
Doesn't work. Bought this but despite trying it on 4 different tvs it doesn't perform. Can I get a refund.
on 17 March 2014
I searched for an adapter for my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini and this item was displayed descibed as being compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as several other models, but there was no indication to say that it would not work with my phone. Diasappointed.
on 10 November 2012
As some other reviewers have mentioned, it is puzzling how some people have given this such low ratings - what I will say is that it you do have to tread carefully in so much as the older style S2 cables will not work with the S3 (and I believe vice versa as well) which is a bit of a pain, and - all those mobile phone shops that are on the high street will try to sell you one of the older style ones and tell you it will work (been there and done that!) because they do not know otherwise...

Also, it must be considered that you NEED to have the power plugged into the unit - it will not run off of the phone battery alone, additionally this will make your phone charge a lot slower than normal (I believe there are some cases where the phone actually discharges whilst plugged into this and the wall power - keep an eye on that to make sure you don't run out of power at a critical point!!)

That is one of the great things about Amazon, that we as a whole are more knowledgeable than those people that are supposed to be fully clued up on the industry!
on 29 December 2012
Always treated the product carefully but within one use, it was starting to come apart. Within 4 uses, the mini usb port had sunk into the plastic shell rendering it absolutely useless. Will be writing to supplier to see if I can get a refund/replacement.
on 3 January 2015
What a fantastic piece of kit. Mine arrived super fast but was white not black. Setting up was easy and wow what magic, plugged it into my TV via the hdmi lead and bingo super sharp quality on my large screen TV. The picture quality is great and the sound quality superb. I've been playing videos with MX player app on my S3 and would recommend using this app for video playing. Do not hesitate in purchasing this adapter before they run out of stock.