I brought this phone because I wanted to downgrade back to the basics, quick functionality with non of the complication. people who are used to using smartphones with 16million colors and high pixels may not adjust to this phone at first. but i am very happy with it.
**the key quality of this phone is the unique battery life, I charged it three days ago and have used it heavily and the bars are still halfway. The way phones used to be 12 years ago, or shall I say the way its meant to be, oh those were good old days. :(((
for a basic phone, it does pack a bit of punch when it comes to features such as
- Mp3 Player - it is quite basic, it cannot be played in the background, but its not bad, theres a sound effect feature, which is quite welcoming, and an auto off feature, shuffle, repeat, but no cover art.
- Radio - Good reception, you can even record live broadcasts, but I dont recommend recording music, because it only records in 14kbps in my estimation, so only useful, for talk shows, news and what have you. (it does play in the background.)
- Wap Browser - its good for information by text, or maybe you want to look up an article, it comes pretty fast too, if you want something more than that, then you will be disappointed, as the resolution is too low for that and its only GPRS/EDGE. but as saving grace it does manage to download videos, music and images from certain sites, but streaming a simple no no.
- SMS - this is simple and sweet to use, and has an SOS feature, which I dont use but could come handy. it can store 300 messages
- Organiser - Theres a calender included that can store a whopping 400 appointments, it also has a memo, world clock, converter and a calculator.
- Camera, the picture quality is okay for random pics, its 1.3 megapixels and it could in handy, the video camera's frames per second renders it unnecessary to use (you know what I mean).
- Social Network - there's a few basic apps, like facebook, myspace, flickr, picasa etc. but I highly recommend using a PC or tablet instead.
- App friendly? - there are a few apps available on the zedge website, and some really fun games, but dont expect useful apps to work on this.
other features include
- bluetooth, stopwatch, timer, voice recorder, budget software and so on.
Please note it does NOT use a 3.5mm jack, but you will find a converter amazon easily, and also you can change the call ringtone to whatever mp3 you like, but NOT the message alerts