- Boxed-product Weight: 1.1 Kg
- Item model number: S800+Kit
- ASIN: B000NDKA68
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 8 Feb. 2007
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 273,435 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Samsung Digimax S800 Digital Camera (8.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) + FREE Lithium Ion Battery + Cradle
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 8.1 megapixels
- 15x zoom(3X optical/5X digital)
- Large colour LCD (2.4")
- Quick Print button
- User-friendly "Effect" button
- Macro & Auto Macro mode (as close as 4cm)
- Grip for stability
- Manual Functions
- Cradle Charging System (Optional)
- Advanced quality movie function including in camera editing
Equipped with a true-colour filtered 8.1 megapixel CCD, the Digimax S800 combines high resolution with a high-precision 3X optical zoom lens for fantastic image results. Its telephoto capability is extended by a 5X digital zoom, giving a total 15X zoom.
The Digimax S800 has a large 2.4" LCD for improved contrast and colour reproduction, allowing you to enjoy a wider and clearer image.
The Digimax S800 has some great special effect functions - including Highlight, Photo Frame and Composite Shot - to help you customise your favourite pictures. Just one touch of the "E" button gives you direct access to each of these special effects.
When set to Auto Mode, the Digimax S800 automatically adjusts the focusing distance from 4cm to infinity, helping you take great macro shots without any fuss. For subjects closer than 4cm, simply switch the mode dial to Macro for crisp, clear close-up shots.
The powerful video capability of the Digimax S800 delivers a "camcorder like" experience. For the ultimate movie shooting capability, the Digimax L85 uses MPEG-4, the high-compression high-quality movie format, which can record for up to 3-4 times longer than traditional movie formats used in many other digital cameras. With powerful movie recording in VGA (640X480) at 30fps, it provides a wider screen view and clearer movie quality. These movies can even be viewed in perfect quality on a TV.
The Digimax S800 has a movie stabiliser function ensures steady movie recordings by automatically detecting and correcting lateral and vertical camera movements.
The Successive Recording function of the Digimax S800, which is based on exclusive Samsung technology, allows you to pause and resume video recording as desired and merge multiple movies into a single file.
The family-friendly mode dial - with Night, Portrait and Children modes - make it easier to get great shots of the family by giving in stand access to the appropriate mode for each individual situation. Children mode, with its open aperture and fast shutter speeds, lets you 'freeze' children in fast moving action shots. Night mode automatically uses the slow synchronization function to help you get clearer and brighter pictures at night. Portrait mode gives you good images of people, with natural, realistic skin tones and improved redeye reduction.
The Digimax S800s print button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the S800 to any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the illuminated print button and print! Also use the button to transfer images directly to a computer.
Top Customer Reviews
The child setting function on the camera is really good for taking pictures of kids or animals without the pictures turning out blurred and downloading the images onto your PC is an absolute doddle as you simply slot it into the free docking station and the images are automatically downloaded.
Would definitely recommend this camera to anyone!
First time buyer, or someone looking for a specification upgrade, I would highly recommend this camera!
the s800 is awsome, and for £99.99 you just cant moan
i am a complete amature at photography compared to my friend who has studied photography for 2 years now, and i would happily say, in just one afternoon of playing around with the camera, i am capturing pictures better than what he is and that is down the auto functions on the camera and the macro functions
also, on the s800 is a child function, and as im only 18 i dont have kids, but i vigarously shook the camera and took a photo and i was amazed with the quality, not one glitch on the image and i coujldnt have shook the camera more.
theres not much more to say really apart from treat yourself to one, i bet this is the first 8.1 megapixel that you have come accross for £99.99 and the price is made even better when you get a free cradle and battery pack with it also
in a nut shell, the camera is awsome and is worth every penny, make the correct choice and buy this camera and record your best memories and days out etc
have fun and happy shopping
1) Whilst it was working it took average to good photos, but I have routinely got better results with a 5 megapixel camera (Canon) with a better lens.
2) As one other reviewer has pointed out, the batteries in the bundle offer are Ni-Mh not Lithium Ion. (Small point, but it does make a difference to the battery life).
3) The camera failed completely after less than 4 months. Lens barrel froze into an open position and would not retract, camera powered itself off 2 seconds after switching on regardless of the battery charge. (I charged the batteries fully and tried new ones). I don't believe I was unlucky enough to get a rogue camera - I have read other reviews of 8 megapixel Samsungs with frozen lens barrels, and the last time I looked at ebay there were 3 faulty versions of these for sale for spares or repairs with this very same problem. Luckily Amazon have given me a full refund.
I'm going back to tried and trusted Canons. (Owned several and never had one fail yet).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Silly of me to review a product that is now two years out of date.
However, the Samsung S800 is well thought through, robust, comes with a good PC package, takes... Read more
I'm surprised the reviews for this camera are so positive. I haven't been very impressed with it. Picture quality is good, as expected for 8MP but the battery life is terrible and... Read morePublished on 16 Jun. 2008 by Mashed potato
I PURCHASED THIS CAMERA ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF AMAZON CUSTOMERS WHO PURCHASED THIS LOVELY CAMERA AND I HAVE NOT BEEN DISAPPOINTED AMAZING CAMERAPublished on 29 May 2007 by Ronald Elliott
I should say at the outset that my rating is not for the product itself, but for the misleading title given to the 'bundle' by Amazon. Read morePublished on 28 May 2007 by metalmama