The only con I can see is that you have to make it region free yourself
This is a little tricky to do just follow these steps
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 57538 on the number pad.
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change
You will find that you most probably not do it on the 1st try but keep on trying and you will get it to work.
Once done you will find that you will love this blu-ray player.