Price:£14.95+ Free shipping

on 10 March 2013
No problems with this baby. Easy to fix in with SATA leads, and then its plug and play. Silent running. Very happy with product.
on 31 May 2013
This is as plug and pay as it gets. I have had absolutely no problems with it since installing it into my system.

However, the samsung logo is not printed on the face plate like in the picture. The words 'super writemaster' are there.
This is a safe purchase. It does what it claims to do with little fuss.

The drive fits accurately into the internal drive bays and comes with a spare bezel for fitting into different coloured machines.

It came with a SATA data lead but not a power connector. That could mean a separate purchase and a delay to getting it up and running, so make sure you have one first! It also comes with a NERO CD, which I haven't loaded.

In operation: I loaded this drive into a Windows 7 Professional PC. It was immediately recognised and I experienced no connectivity problems. Noise-wise (and I suspect performance may vary from machine to machine judging by other reviews) I found this unit relatively quiet making a gentle whirr when working; noticeable but not so loud as to be distracting. Speeds look to be as described.

Conclusion: As one might expect from Samsung this is a solid piece of kit that works exactly as described. For the money it is excellent value. Four stars.
on 3 May 2013
4 I paid 4, this drive does exactly what it says on the tin,(But It does not come in a tin)
JUST SOUNDS GOOD.. NO COMPLAINTS, QUITE, FAST & DOES THE JOB SUPURBLY
Flip the disc & you can Light Scribe.. just use NERO for that.
Great
on 13 June 2013
The drive itself is fine, it works and does the job well. I was building a computer to sell so I picked this drive specifically for the Samsung logo as this would add value to the final pc. However the drive that arrived was not the one pictured, it is an unbranded drive which feels abit plasticy and certainly does not sport the Samsung logo. I would have returned the product for a refund however it is barely worth it for such a low cost drive.

4 stars as it does the job as well as any branded drive but of you want it to say Samsung on the front, look elsewhere.
on 25 September 2013
Good Drive - read and write speeds are good for the price of this item - No issues or concerns it just installed and was ready to sue - Windows 7
on 27 July 2013
Received the DVD writer and found that it is not a samsung product, I installed it into my desktop and it states that is a TSSTcorp drive. The item showed clearly has a samsung logo on it. This one I received doesnt there are no signs of it belonging to samsung on the labels. I feel a little cheated though it works OK and was pretty cheap. A further to my review the DVD writer is a Samsung so therefore is a very good buy and works very well both reading and writing. Sorry for the misunderstanding......
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2015
Great item... the only problem was I purchased it for my VERY old Dell Dimension 3100 (bought in 2006). When I opened my computer, I discovered that it was so old that it needed a DVD drive with Parallel ATA connectivity so I had to return it and bought "Samsung SH-S222A/CHXH Internal IDE DVD Writer - Parallel ATA" instead.

I found the correct DVD drive on Amazon too, see it here:
on 26 July 2013
never really been a fan of samsung (previous products of theirs i have owned have had some issues with) but got this for my custom build and would definitely recommend.

was nice and cheap and works perfectly, i have had no issues with the drive at all and even when running at full pelt it is very quiet.
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2013
Picked this because it was very cheap, but impressed with it's performance despite it's price. It's also quiet in use, not making loads of noise like my old DVD writer used to.

No complaints whatsoever. It also accepted some DVD blanks my old writer refused to write to.