Colour Name: Black|Change

on 30 October 2013
This did not quite get a Best Buy rating in Which, although it came very close to being one. All the other Best Buys were zip closured which I did not want as I wanted something more substantial, more secure and as waterproof as possible. This product met all the criteria. It is easy to move, but on the downside, is slightly heavier at 4.8 kilos than some of the others. It is well designed and made and should last for years. It is held shut at three points, one of the points having a combination lock for added security.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 March 2014
Samsonite have a bewildering range of luggage. This is built to their usual standards. I like to put stickers all over my baggage, to stop others walking off with my cases (it's amazing how many people can't recognise their own), but this has a stippled outer finish, which precludes doing that. The wheel layout gives a choice of how you move it, and it's very easy to push or pull. The feature which allows US customs to over-ride your combination is essential for anyone travelling to the USA, or even in transit through; otherwise, your case will be broken into, or has to be left unlocked, which could cause problems with travel insurance. This size has an enormous capacity; frankly, I could have done with the next size down, so choose carefully. For the price I paid, I'm pleased with it. If you're a regular traveler, it pays to buy decent luggage.
on 9 April 2014
This suitcase is so good I am seriously thinking of buying two more soon. The build quality is excellent and the value for money is clear. Love it!
on 16 August 2015
Bought two of these. Pacific blue for me and navy DLX model for my mother. Both are really great. Managed to get the DLX for only about £10 more from WARDAW. Standard case came from Anazon with prime. The standard case is unlined, top and bottom but has a full length small pocket along the hinge. The DLX top is lined and I have to say for an extra £10/100g the retention system on the lower section holds things in place beautifully and the height can be adjusted. I think you have to make a decision about whether its weight or robustness that is your priority. Didnt find some of the cases that squash then go back in to shape very appealing. You want to protect the contents, not just the case ! These are really strong and the way the top and botton interlink at the seal means it is very sturdy. My previous zipped case when fully loaded constantly flexed at the zip and constantly felt like i was carrying two thinner cases held together by sellotape. This one feels like one load not two. Wardow delivery really quick and brilliant customer services when a small problem was identified. Very happy. perplexed why only 5 year warranty rather than the standard 10 from Samsonite.
on 27 August 2013
Very easy to move around and very light so you can bung loads of gear into it and still be underweight.
As always with things in life, you get what you pay for and this is no exception at all. Nicely priced.
on 5 June 2014
Light and easy to handle. Zipped compartments keep clothes neatly packed away. I already have samsonite cases but this one is lighter and has benefit of four wheels
on 20 June 2014
Very good luggage. I personally recommend to everyone who wants a hard spinner luggage. Also, it has good space inside to pack all personal stuffs.
on 14 July 2013
very light good storage and easy to spot on carousel secure locking system conforming to US standards. well worth the price.
on 14 September 2015
Very pleased with this buy.Can't beat Samsonite for reliable and very robust travel suitcases. My previous Samsonite has lasted 15+years but was , even empty, quite lumpy and heavy. However , this new revolutionary lightweight version is excellent and will save me considerable weight when it comes to airport scales. With the four wheel technology it is also very manoeuvrable,good locking system and nice internal layout. When empty, feels a bit flimsy compared to the old rigid design but so far this is no problem and I guess this is where the weight saving was made.
on 27 March 2014
The case is all that I expected, having had Samsonite cases before. It meets are of our requirements and hopefully will go to many places with us.