From the Back Cover
Learn how to…
- Build better, more interactive interfaces for your web applications
- Compile an Ajax application
- Create and consume web services with SOAP and REST
- Avoid common errors and troubleshoot programs
- Use popular Ajax libraries to speed up and improve common programming tasks
On the CD
- XAMPP for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux–an easy-to-install package to set up a PHP- and MySQL-enabled Apache server on your computer
- The jEdit programming editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- A complete Ajax, HTML, XML, and PHP tutorial reference library in searchable PDF format
- Source code for the examples in the book
Phil Ballard is a software engineering consultant and developer specializing in website and intranet design and development for an international portfolio of clients. He has an honors degree from the University of Leeds, England, and has worked for several years in commercial and managerial roles in the high technology sector.
Michael Moncur is a freelance webmaster and author. He runs a network of websites and has written several bestselling books about web development, networking, certification programs, and databases.
Category: Web Development
User Level: Beginning―Intermediate
$39.99 USA / $43.99 CAN / £25.99 Net UK
About the Author
Phil Ballard, the author of Sams Teach Yourself Ajax in 10 Minutes, graduated in 1980 with an honors degree in electronics from the University of Leeds, England. Following an early career as a research scientist with a major multinational, he spent a few years in commercial and managerial roles within the high technology sector, later working full time as a software engineering consultant. Operating as “The Mouse Whisperer” (http://www.mousewhisperer.co.uk), Ballard has spent recent years involved solely in website and intranet design and development for an international portfolio of clients.