Style Name: Moto G|Colour Name: Black|Change
Price:£1.50+ £0.99 shipping

on 3 March 2014
This is an attractive, good quality case of solid construction and a pleasant finish for the price. The phone snaps in and out easily and sits neatly in the plastic surround held in the leather, and the cutaways for the power and volume controls on the right-hand side do not obstruct access or operation. The same can be said for the cut-out for the camera, flash and speaker on the rear of the phone.

Of the available similar flip cases, this one seems to have had a little more thought put into the design. It is the only one I have found with the magnetic clasp placed off-centre, and, as the headphone socket is situated centrally on the top edge, this means that this is the only case where said socket can be used with the front panel closed, making it handy for using wired hands-free or listening to music on the move. As an added bonus (not, alas, unique to this case), folding out the front panel to a right angle means it can double as a handy camera stand.

The only minor quibbles I have are the amount of lateral play in the front cover when it is closed, which may expose the edge of the phone (though not the screen) at times, and the lack of a cut-out in the hinge of the case to allow charging without leaving it lying open. Neither of these constitutes a significant downside.

The case was delivered promptly, at the early end of the specified window, well-packaged and with the requisite documentation.

...and hereafter lies some further information regarding the case after just over two months of (admittedly quite heavy) usage.

The play in the front cover mentioned above has worsened considerably, leading to a sizeable wedge of the screen becoming exposed even when the clasp is as tight as it will go. In addition, the plastic moulding that holds the phone in place has weakened, meaning it creaks a lot, and begun to perish; a not insignificant piece has broken away from the casing. This isn't a problem for now, but I would expect better construction from something designed to be used this often, and I don't see it lasting much longer without degrading to the point where it will no longer keep the phone in place. It's a shame, as my overall opinion of the case design is still as reflected in the review above; it's just a shame that the thought put in didn't extend to the materials. I will be seeking a new case to replace this one in short order.
on 17 February 2014
I am really happy with this Samrick phone case. It is good quality and gives excellent protection to my new phone - at a very reasonable price. It also means that the on/off button is shielded and I no longer switch it off by mistake. It is a great product and was delivered to me quickly - Highly recommended.
on 17 June 2014
This is leather that I am sure has never been near a cow, but what do you expect for the money? Looks fine and does the job well. It grips the phone very tightly and covers the all-important glass area - I know several people with broken screens who regret not buying cases that do this. Shame Motorola put the charging point at the 'wrong' end of the phone, so the case needs to be fully opened in order to charge it.
on 27 June 2014
Just what I wanted for my new phone. Looked at the cheaper options, don't bother with them, most say leather they are not. The flap on this case is good and doesn't get in the way when on the phone. Being left handed I need a flip case as the wallet type are annoying. My only small complaint is to charge you need the case open. Definitely would recommend,
on 2 August 2014
Bought this for my wife's phone, and even though it has never been out of the case, has not been dropped or abused, the white edging holding the phone in place is cracked and bits have fallen off it. Not recommended at all. I bought an alternative one for myself and I am very pleased with it, see my other reviews.
on 28 June 2015
I thought the price reflected a bargain. But NO, its cheap because the product is cheap and tacky and badly made. The covering is extremely poor quality and the magnetic catch does not even line up properly. My advise would be spend a bit more and buy something worthwhile instead of this junk.
on 11 May 2014
Having looked at other cases, none appeared to leave the headphone jack socket free to use when the case was closed except for this one. In addition to the previous reviews I felt it looked good value for money with some thought put into the actual design.
the case arrived within 3 days of ordering, was well packaged and immediately appeared to be of excellent quality, way above the price difference between cheaper, non leather cases. It is an excellent fit for the Moto G phone, all the buttons are accessible and, as promised, the jack socket is free to use. The leather seems strong and, with the stitching, looks very smart.
As most reviews of the Moto G phone suggest its performance and standard are way above its usual price tag, it only seems right that it should be protected with one of these cases!!
on 22 June 2014
This phone case fits perfectly and serves its purpose well. It may be slightly bulkier than other products but for the price is good value. The quality of the product is good and it appears well made. I have used it for a month now and have had no problems with it.
on 11 July 2014
Bought this for my wife's new Motorola Moto G Smart Phone and she has been using it for some 3 weeks now. She is very pleased with it, as am I. It appears to be of good quality material and the stitching is of a high standard. The magnetic tab is just the right strength to use...neither too strong or weak to operate, important for my wife as she does not have normal dexterity in one hand. The phone is a good, but not too tight a fit in the plastic holder and particularly like the fact that the tab is on the opening half of the case, so it doesn't get in the way when holding the phone up to the ear when making/taking a call. There are many other cases where the tab is on the other half! All cut-outs for buttons, speakers etc. line up fine. Definitely recommend this product as very good value for money.
on 30 July 2014
Both the missus and I have Moto G phones, so I bought two of the Samrick leather flip cases. I also bought the (more expensive) Moto G hard case in case she preferred that. In fact we both decided to use the leather flip cases, so the Moto G case is still in its packing. We recommend the Samrick product because it offers sufficient protection, whether in jeans pocket or handbag, and the cutouts allow the camera to be used without taking it off. Despite what other customers say, it's not at all inconvenient not to have a cutout at the bottom to accommodate the charging socket. The cases are nicely made -- and the price came as a pleasant surprise after looking at equivalent products in the phone shop, for which ludicrous sums were being asked. Highly recommended.