I was looking for a kitchen scale to replace a previous all-glass Salter scale of 6 years, which recently fell into three pieces. That was my fault, however, and I trusted Salter, and wanted a similar scale.
I chose this one (the actual model is a "1041SVDR") over the other Salter models on several criteria:
- the shape (rectangular) and size mean it fits easily in a drawer or cupboard; there are smaller, rounded models, but I find them more cumbersome to store.
- the top surface is glass, and easy to clean
- the entire top surface can be used for weighing: some other models have a smaller weighing area enclosed in a larger top surface, which will mean you can't weigh something bigger than the area. This scale will let you weigh containers bigger than it - they just extend over the edge of the scale
- it's attractive and very simple to use
- weighing is to the nearest gram, and settling time is very low - just a couple of seconds
The only drawback I have found is:
- the on-off-zero "button" is actually an optical sensor, and you can sometimes accidentally turn off the scale when you want to zero it, because it's very sensitive
Overall, this is the pick of the bunch of Salter's electronic scales, and the one I'd recommend every time. My advice would only change if you are more concerned about the appearance of the scale: Salter make some more attractive ones in black, and with blue displays. However, this is the best and most usable one.