1,093

on 14 May 2010
Good old fashioned no singing and dancing scales. Perfect on carpet and sloping floors. Sooo easy to read dial even from 5ft away,just wish they werent quite as brutal with the truth. Love them. Service was fantastic they arrived within 48hrs. Havent had to reset them and use them every day,so this ostrich has finally taken her head OUT of the sand...well recommended and look at the price!!!
0Comment| 279 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2011
I've tried all sort of bathroom scales (Mechanical, digital, glass-top, chrome-top, etc) in £10-£50 range. This is the most robust and accurate scales out there. I highly recommend this one.
on 1 September 2012
I have to admit that a lot of thought went into this purchase for a few reasons including; cost, accuracy, postage price (I'm a thrifty Northerner at heart) and an ill founded reluctance to cast my WW digital scales to the scrap heap.
After pouring over loads of choices on good ol' Amazon and reading countless reviews from `crappy delivery and condition of item' (nothing to do with scales themselves and why do folk do this?) to the `Science Man' providing me with enough info to aid the best night's sleep I have had in recent years - I decided to take the plunge with these MASSIVE scales.
First I would like to praise City Link for not dropping them from a skyscraper, kicking the box round a foot ball field, only then to hand the item to me as if it were an unexploded bomb....that's the delivery part out of the way which was marvellous. The box was quite large and I mean large in the way that Amazon can sometimes send these out with 2 packs of shoelaces in (really it's the delivery guy's joke not mine)
Very well packed and I didn't really care about anything else other than stripping off, go to the toilet (twice) stepping on the scales, drinking a litre of water and then stepping on them again an hour later. Yes! Weight fluctuates everyday and you can gain a Kg overnight (we all know that) but finally with the aid of a diary and these accurate, easy to read scales you can find your own body rhythm.
Before I bought these, my WW digital scales at £50 were telling me I was 3 kg heavier than these new Salter scales. My suspicions were confirmed when I stood on some of those fancy tall ones when I recently had a fitness assessment.
As far as quality goes I would definitely say you get what you pay for and the near 30 pounds mark seems about right as Lloyds chemist would fleece you for another £20 (at the time of this review). I only weigh myself each morning and with the food diary and weight check it has helped me keep everything in check and even motivate me into `what else I can do to shed the excess fat?'
The digital scales lied to me EVERY day and in the end I found it quite upsetting, as it was feelings of utter euphoria some mornings to abject misery the next (a yoyo does not even begin to compare).
Standing on the scales is a joy with my size 11 man barges and the 32 cm width (at widest point) and 43 cm height more than compensates for my plates. After a recent trip to the opticians where I was professionally advised that I was `getting old' for the princely sum of £20; I find the massive dial on here a real treat without having to grab my `readers' and it's nice not to have the equivalent of an ingredients label and arm that isn't long enough to read them.
So to sum up: I have posted a picture and I am very happy to report that these basic scales do what they say on the box. No science - No quibbling over minor/irrelevant issues - Mentioning that if you put a little effort in you do get rewarded............but then again that's what life is partly about eh? Glad I bought these!
review image review image review image
44 comments| 209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2013
After reading lots and lots of online reviews for A bathroom scale I settled on this one. I currently have the weight watchers glass scale which is a total waste of money. I am actually going to throw it in the skip. I weighed myself on this scale a few times and each time it was the same. I tried again 2 hours later just to make sure and it is still showing the same (Bingo) I will add to this review again as I am really concerned at the amount of reviews I read for bathroom scales. It seems there are so many rubbish ones out there. Hopefully because this is not digital it will be better. As this is the first day I have the scale I will post again in a couple of weeks to update how I have found it to be.

Update, yes this scale is still doing what it should be doing. The reading is accurate. 23/2/2013 Still perfect and I have weighed myself everyday.
Another update 4/5/2013 still working perfectly. 29/6/2013 still reading accurately. 5/9/2013 still working well, still working like a charm 20/1/2014, still working like a charm 5/6/2014, still giving an accurate reading 9/12/2014, latest update *** 15/7/2015 still accurate ***
88 comments| 452 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2010
Great product. Does what it should do. Build quality seems good and it's not as sensitive to uneven surfaces or carpets as the electronic ones.
on 24 August 2010
Have had electronic scales for past decade, found I never recorded exactly the same weight, even on 3 consecutive weighings. These scales are much more reliable
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2010
Easy to read, well made and very accurate. You won't need any other scales once you have these.
on 10 February 2011
Easy to read 17.5cm (7inch) dial calibrated in Stones(with Pound sub-divisions) and Kilos.
The reading is very consistent and, as far as I could tell, accurate, not dependent how you stand on the scale.
Manufacturers data does not give the dimensions of the scale, which are 43cm (17inches) deep by 32.5cm (13inches) wide.
on 30 September 2011
If you are looking for scales that work accurately buy these.

I had so many issues with the digital type scales with having various weights on different days and having 'put on' half a stone after 2 weeks of eating very sensibly and exercising a lot, I got fed up and bought this product upon it's reviews.

This will tell you how much you weigh - accurately! If you work out and eat well these scales will tell you what you know to be true - that you have 'lost' weight and not gained any. That's all you need from scales.

They are large, easy to use and easy to read!

Great product.
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2011
Does exactly as it says on the box - tells you how much you have to lose - I hate it!!!!