- Boxed-product Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Item model number: SS-202
- ASIN: B00L0ZLS5U
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 16 Jun. 2014
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 11,069 in Business, Industry & Science (See Top 100 in Business, Industry & Science)
SainSmart 3D Printer Wood Filament 3mm 1kg dark brown
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 1kg 3mm Wood Filament
- a mixture of 40% recycled wood with a binding polymer
- Smells like wood; Flexible
- Allows the filament to be printed just like thermoplastic filaments - such as ABS and PLA
- Varying brightness of printed material by varying extruder termperature (recommended between 185C and 230C)
Specifications for this item
With this SainSmart revolutionary new material you can print objec... See more product details
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
With this SainSmart revolutionary new material
you can print objects that look and smell like wood!!
Wood Filament is a mixture of 40% recycled wood with a binding polymer. This wood/polymer composite allows the filament to be printed just like thermoplastic filaments - such as ABS and PLA - but gives your creation a wooden-like appearance.
Wood Filament filament is designed for 3D printers based on RepRap technology. The thermal strength of filament is similar to PLA and can be printed between 175C and 250C. After printing, your object will look and smell like wood and it can also be handled like wood. After printing you can cut, grind and paint your creations similar as you can do with wooden objects.
Depending on the temperature at which filament is printed, it will take on a different shade of brown. This means that by intentionally varying the printing temperature, you can simulate a tree's growth ring effect. At 180C your wooden prints will have a light colour and at 245C your print will become darker.
Note: This filament is extremely sensitive to lower temperatures (60F and below), and should be stored in a warm enclosure. The product will become extremely brittle if not, and breakage could occur!
* 40% recycled wood;
* No warping;
* Smells like wood;
* No heated bed necessary, sticks well to print bed;
* Varying brightness of printed material by varying extruder termperature (recommended between 185C and 230C).
* 2.2lbs/1kg (Net Weight) 3mm Wood Filament
* Outer Diameter: 200mm
* Inner Diameter: 50mm (NOT cover the white rubber ring)
* Inner Diameter: 70mm (cover the white rubber ring)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I gave it 1-star because you can't give 0 and because it actually does print as PLA should print....just not wood :(