Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 May 2010
I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book from the publisher and I'm so glad I did. Whenever I have guests who are a little anti-breastfeeding, I leave it on the coffee table and go and make a cup of tea. They're drawn in by the cartoons and humour, and always end up talking to me about my positive experiences of breastfeeding. It's an ice-breaker really, great for getting discussions started and hopefully changing people's minds if they have have negative views on feeding a baby yourself.
on 16 September 2010
I bought this book after completing a course so I could become a breastfeeding supporter and actually meeting and chatting to the lady who wrote the book and I found this book to be factual, helpful and funny and have since lent it to other friends who have also found it helpful.

The lady who wrote the book (Val Finigan) is a bottomless pit of information when it comes to breast feeding and always seems to have an idea or information if you speak to her about a breastfeeding problem, I had been told to give up trying to feed my baby boy and Val and her team helped us to start a happy feeding relationship that is still going string 15 months on.

BUY THIS BOOK if pregnant or just want to know about those myths you often here about such as the one in the title of this book and all will be revealed x
on 16 March 2010
An absolutely fantastic artist has illustrated this wonderful book.
It's worth buying it just to look at the pictures :) (which are incidentally, really really funny)
on 29 April 2010
This book must be one of the best ever written for new mums. As an earlier reviewer said, it can be left lying around for others to see and hopefully, someone, somewhere, will be persuaded that it is worth persevering any minor problems/embarrassments that may occur. The text is excellent and Lou's illustrations are magnificent. I have bought 4 copies of this book, one each for my 4 daughters, all of whom have just produced or are about to produce babies.
on 1 August 2010
Bought this because I had joined a group on facebook in response to an article in a parenting magazine that made a lot of untrue claims about breastfeeding, including saggy boobs. Was a little short but an informative read, debunking all the old wives tales. The illustrations are very sweet and it was lovely that they were provided by actual nursing mummys. Would be a lovely and funny gift for any mum to be.
on 17 November 2011
This is a fabulous little book! It may be a light read, but it is certainly not light on evidence-based information.

Dispelling breastfeeding myths is one of my main aims in antenatal classes, and the myths appear to be limitless: babies get the runs when you eat curry, champagne gives them hiccups, you end up with boobs like spaniels' ears, and of course you're at the beck and call of a miniature tyrant who never learns to sleep, if you breastfeed.

I love the clear, factual answers, especially the response to `modern formula milks are as good as breastmilk,' which I might memorise.

Each page includes the most amazing embroidered illustrations by Lou Gardiner, and the whole book is so unique, accessible and appealing that I think it should be standard issue for expectant mothers.
on 9 May 2011
Very nice little book with funny pictures. The item arrived very well packaged. The book busts some of the most common breastfeeding myths and combines the breastfeeding facts with a healthy dose of humor - and every new mother [or father] needs a good laugh every now and then. Definitely a good read, especially if combined with a book like the new The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League.
on 7 June 2010
This is a fab and funny very short book with great illustrations. It makes a really good gift or a book to loan to mums to be very close to birthing or brand new mums who dont have much time. It might take you half and hour to read!
on 27 July 2012
I love this book for so many reasons, its so unusual in its design I found myself examining all the illustrations before starting on reading the content! It is easy to read but also really imformative, would make a wonderful gift for a new/expectant mom as its very gentle in how the information is given (which at a time when everyone wants to give you advice is a really good thing!)
on 30 June 2011
After reading other reviews, i expected more from this book. It is funny and the pictures are good to look at, but there just wasn't enough in it for it to be value for money. I feel i've wasted £5.99 when i could have bought something that offered me more than 15 mins of entertainment, which really is all it took me to flick through and glean all that this book has to offer.