on 27 November 2012
I'm delighted with this safety rail for my little grandson's bed when he stays with me. I had a different one from a well known kid's retailer when my grandaughter was a toddler and I found it very fiddly to use. It had straps that had to be passed under the mattress and hooked onto bedframe at other side. Each time I lifted the mattress to change the fitted sheet the straps came adrift and had to be refitted. I was concerned from a safety point of view about the straps working loose and becoming a hazard. This rail is perfect. No assembly or straps, just pull out the J shaped brackets and slide under the mattress. It extends telescopically to the desired length and folds back very easily if needed to transport elsewhere eg an overnight away from home. I think it's a great price. I just wish I had discovered it 4 years ago instead of the other one I had which I was glad to dispose of as soon as my little grandaughter no longer required one. Delivery was next day. Prior to placing the order I emailed the company to request some info about assembly and fitting and I received prompt and helpful reply within a couple of hours. I'm satisfied in every way with this purchase and would definitely recommend it.
on 25 December 2012
Quality Item - fits lower bunk on bunk bed - soft enough netting to avoid any problems - strong enough netting to hold child in bed. Our bunk bed is wooden with wooden slats and the mattress is pretty thick - still works a treat.
on 2 February 2013
Excellent so far, easy to install, sturdy and easy to put up and down, would defo recommend, Good quality for price
on 2 December 2012
Great item - does what it says on the box - my child hasn't fallen off the bed and very easy to use
on 3 October 2013
Reading the reviews for various portable bed rails I was worried that this product might not be strong enough, or of poor quality. I'm happy to report that it is well made and very sturdy. It has certainly done the trick in preventing my 2 1/2 year old from falling out of bed.

Note - We are using this rail with a full size single bed with a adult mattress. The thickness and weight of the mattress is important in providing the stability, so this wouldn't be suitable for thin cot-style mattresses.

The only downsides to the product that I have found is that it can be difficult to fold down - you have to press the release buttons on each side with some force. Not a serious problem but slightly annoying.
on 30 September 2013
Ok.. So it's a goodportable bed rail, but I had a few issues with it. First of all the arm which sits under the mattress is fairly bulky. I had to put some books under the other side under the mattress to even out the tilt.

Also as it's not physically attached to anything, it does move about if leaned on. I ended up screwing it to the base of the bed. If you don;t do that you are forever shoving it back in to position.

Works fine now, however you shouldn't need to modify it to work well, and for it to work well you need to convert it to be non-portable, by screwing it down.
on 29 April 2013
I bought this to go with the Tipptoes Junior bed. It is slightly too long with the beds barriers, meaning we have to tuck it along side it. It fits, but only just. Having said that I would recommend it because it is higher than I thought it would be and It does the job well. Essential for my 18 month old.
on 19 March 2014
Quality of product appears good. However. I consider myself fit and strong BUT extending the sections to 106 cm and getting the locking mechanism to click in required a lot of time and a considerable amount of muscle. Single Mum's be warned. The two end buttons that need pressing in to lower the rail also presented a muscular challenge. Got there in the end though. Used one foot on one end of the rail and pulled on the other end. ( This procedure is not in the instructions, but very effective ! ) Only three stars given for these reasons.
on 17 June 2014
I wish I invested in one of these years ago... for the first time in a long time my fidgety son is sleeping through the night - so I guess it was the falling out of bed that woke him. This product is strong and safe and am happy I have paid a little more - I know my friend invested in another brand and it broke from her son leaning on it after one month.
on 3 January 2013
I actually bought this for a tiny elderly lady who was frightened of falling out of bed. She felt rather trapped and couldn't reach what she wanted so it was not really fir for that purpose but as it is really advertised for toddlers it is not the fault of the product which was inexpensive, easy to store and easy to use..